No Unlimited data?

How much data do you use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

buci1er

Aug 18, 2010
Visit site
Best Buys, at least the ones in my area now have wifi enabled on the computers (or at least on the macs) so you could just go and price check on those.

You could also price check BEFORE you leave, so if Tiger Direct is cheaper you wouldn't have wasted a trip an gas money.

Yes.... Great.... In theory.....

How about impulse buys??

How about going from unlimited to using 2gb for the SAME PRICE......

It should be increased to 4gb.... Or support for apps like netflix should be removed from 3g.... One 2 hour move eats up all ur data... So its 20 bucks per movie thereafter....its laughable.....

LONGJON

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
There is a way to trick at&t's system to get you on the old smartphone data plan unlimited for $30 which hasn't been patched yet.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
2gb... what a joke. nothing like ruining your iPhone experience by having to monitor everything you do in a day

i'm fine with being a data hog, thanks

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
I switched to Att 10 years ago because I didnt want to worry about using my phone. No worrying about which network I'm on or who I call. One price did it all. Now I will stay with my unlimited data so I don't have to worry about how much data I use.

jMunar

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Please explain.

Mark

I believe it requires a 1st generation iPhone and activating it with your sim to get the old unlimited data plan. I saw it in the forums here a few months ago, might need to search to find it.

Back on topic, I'm an average data user and I was cautious the first month on my 2gb per month plan thinking I was going to go over, so I tried to stay on a Wi-Fi connection as much as possible. Once I found out I barely broke the 200mb mark after the first month, I didn't care so much and I've only gotten to 600mb per month at the most so far. 2gb is actually a lot more data than what most people seem.

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
This totally sucks for really avid users, like myself, i use a huge amount of data, huge. I'm averaging about 8-9 gigs a month! Everything i do, i do from my Iphone, like this post, from my web app of the TiPb forum, facebook, emails, games, FaceTime like crazy with my girl, and my brother in the AirForce. Constantly checking all my forums, updating twitter so on and so on. Thank God i have my two year contract, but if in 2ish years when i go to renew it, they try this crap on me... i'll have to say goodbye to At&t or hello to lawyers or something!! I dont even wanna think about it.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'll have to look in to that Stream to Me app, that sounds cool!

As for my usage, I listen to Pandora, Napster, or WunderRadio almost all day, every day, at my desk at work. Last month I used a little over 4gb data. VERY glad that I still have unlimited! There is no wifi available at my office so that is not an option, plus of course there is no wifi in the car. To the idiot that keeps saying not to use your iPhone in the car, dude, get real! I get in the car, hook my phone up through the AUX jack, turn on whatever I want to listen to (Pandora, Napster, WunderRadio, iPod, ESPN Radio app, you get the picture), then drive. The phone is sitting in its spot and the content is playing. No picking up the phone while I'm driving, well unless I want to change apps or something but I only do that at a red light! LOL! What planet do you live on, anyway? I'll use my iPhone the way I want. Sounds like you just need to go back to a dumbphone.

nyc_rock

Sep 19, 2006
Visit site
I recently came over from VZW where I had unlimmited data. Depending if you are really heavy user, in many cases people will be saving money. Take my situation. My wife and I both had data plans on Verizon. She used a Blackberry and I used an Incredible. We both payed 30 for our data plans. My wife, since she has a blackberry and they suck, was lucky to use 100mb a month. I, on the other hand, would use 1.5-2 gb a month. We both paid the same amount. On ATT, she can get the $15 dollar plan and I get the $25 plan. So there is a $20 a month saving right there. I could concievably go over my plan by 2gb and still be even with what we were paying on Verizon. Most months I will save $20 and on my heavy usage months I will still be $10 ahead.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711