Help with mail app

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Hello I have a question that should be easy for someone to answer. I opened up an email in the mail app and I pressed some icon at the bottom in the middle that looked like an open cardboard box or something. Now I can't find the email. What does that icon do and how can I get that email back? Any help would be appreciated!

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I don't see an open cardboard box. Perhaps you are talking about the folder with an arrow on it. You probably just moved the message to another folder. Go Back out to the mailboxes view, if you have multiple accounts setup, and scroll to the bottom and go the the account, it will give you the folder list and you can start looking for the lost email.

illusionist987

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Also I'm in my "all inboxes" inbox ie my unified inbox. It looks like a drawer with an arrow on top. I found the email by going to the all mail folder in gmail specifically but I still don't know what this icon does and I would love to know.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
It is, as swooshme suggested, the folder icon. This allows you to move an email from one folder to another.

djkmann

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
It's a trash bin. You have to go to the "Mailboxes" screen and select the email account that the message was deleted from. Next select "Trash bin", then find your message and lastly select the second icon from the left at the bottom of the screen to restore the message.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
It's the archive icon. Depending on how you set up your phone, you get either the trash bin, or the archive icon.

Roo wins. GMail has the option to "archive" instead of "delete" your email. You'll have to check your "GMail->All Mail" folder to find the email.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro