10-13-2010 09:59 AM
- My IPhones holding up great, she's only been dropped once and it dented a corner, as far as the screen goes I've got two tiny scratch/dent marks from my case -_- well my old case, I burned it cause of what it did to my IPhone.
Great durability!! Love my phone!10-07-2010 08:36 PM
- 10-07-2010 10:43 PM
- there are rumors about it http://forum.tipb.com/tipbs-next-top...e-4-glass.html10-07-2010 10:43 PM
- I'm on my 3rd iPhone. The first one, I had for about 8 weeks. I exchanged it because it had those yellow spots and they wouldn't go away. During that time, I never kept it in a case. I dropped it once on concrete, ended up with a couple of scratches on the metal, but otherwise it was fine, no marks on the glass on either side. I also dropped it couple of times onto hardwood floors, survived fine both times.
The 2nd one I had for 2 days. I returned it almost immediately when I found it had the proximity sensor issue. Didn't drop it during the 2 days.
My current one, I've had for over 2 weeks, again, no case whatsoever. Sadly I haven't dropped it yet. I do have a few light scratches on the metal from being in my pocket with coins and keys. I really should stop doing that. As far as I can tell, there are no marks on the glass yet, but it seems I've triggered the water sensor on the dock connector. Might have happened when I spilled some coffee on my desk. I wiped the phone off and used some Windex to clean it up.
Overall, I would say this iPhone is no less or more sturdy than previous ones. I presume the back glass is a lot more fragile than the plastic on previous iPhones, but the front glass is supposedly much tougher.10-08-2010 01:29 AM
- Mines perfect, dropped it several times in the free belkin case I have and it hasn't done anything but scratched the case a little.
My old iPhones seemed to get scratched even in the cases I had, I specifically remember my 3GS with an incase slider getting scratches and it never saw more than a minute of time without a case...so yeah.10-08-2010 06:56 AM
- With the apple bumper I got scratches on the metal???? I've had this phone since launch. I have not dropped it nor have I ever put it in the same pocket with keys. The glass on both sides is in great shape. Currently I am using a "Vaja" case. The leather on the inside is very supple so I am not worried about scratches to the glass. I love my phone and my case!10-08-2010 08:52 AM
- I've been pleasantly surprised at my iPhone 4's durability. I've dropped it about 3 times now and closed my car door on it once(i have no idea how it happened) and the only bit of damage it has it the little rim of plastic connecting the glass to the steel band is a little bucked in one spot.
I've had screen and back protectors on since day 1 and no scratches to speak of.10-11-2010 10:20 AM
- With the apple bumper I got scratches on the metal???? I've had this phone since launch. I have not dropped it nor have I ever put it in the same pocket with keys. The glass on both sides is in great shape. Currently I am using a "Vaja" case. The leather on the inside is very supple so I am not worried about scratches to the glass. I love my phone and my case!10-11-2010 04:06 PM
- Had MY iPhone 4 Since July 16, I dropped it just once and that was Saturday, I was getting out og the car, forgot I had it on my lap and CRASH!!! RIGHT ON THE ASPHALT, Lucky thing I had My Speck (FREE) Hard case, Not a scratch after, just took it up wiped it off with the microfiber cloth I carry around with me and she was good to go.
My wife thinks I pay too much attention to phone always ask "You cant put that thing down?"10-11-2010 07:08 PM
- Not a scratch on mine! It was in a Belkin Grip case that I hated followed by a Griffin Vue. I liked the Griffin except for the fact that it was white and after a few weeks was absolutely filthy! I had dropped it very short distances three or four times, including once on concrete as I was getting out of the car, and not a single scratch. I was still paranoid about it because I baby my electronics, so now it is in a blue Otterbox Defender (saved up Reward Zone and Shopkick credits so it didn't cost me a thing at Best Buy). Now I wish I would have had this from the day it came out, the case is awesome and the built-in screen protector is amazing! No more orange peel effect from the Zagg, now I have a crystal clear screen. I will still continue to take it out and clean it once a week, but I was doing that every two or three days in the Griffin case because that seemed to attract dust.
Anyway, I do think this is a very durable phone as long as you take proper care of it like you would any expensive piece of electronics.10-12-2010 10:13 AM
- 10-12-2010 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD