Crazy Idea... but is it possible?

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
Its safe to say that my journey in cell phones till i fell in Love with Apples Iphone was long and hard, but 28 cell phones later the Iphone was mine =)

But i still have 19 of that 28 phones, most of them have a broken screen, or simple problems like that. But these phones still have batteries, still have a camera and have bluetooth technology in them.

Maybe im just dreaming, but i wonder if theres anyway that i could get these cell phones bluetooth hooked up to my phone some how and essentially maybe access there cameras from my mac?
So that i could position the phones in different places around my house and since they are connected to my mac i can see what the camera sees from my computer screen, impossible?
Or is there someone that could possibly help me, please let me know!!
and if this is a ridiculous question, its okay to laugh
photo-1.jpg

-jairo

Reactions: theiphonerocks

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
That's a damn good question and I would be curious if anyone could help to get it to work. As for me? I would donate them to a woman's shelter or something.

jeepville

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I would say no. Most dont have camera access via bt or would send live video over bt. You would have to write a custom program for each phones os and make sure the hardware could support it.

I know they have spy programs where you can turn on the camera remotely and watch so maybe it is possible.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
if you invested some money and brought them up to some modern firmware i suppose its possible but not feasible much cheaper and time efficient to just by some wireless cctvs

jairo1daywrk4apple

Oct 1, 2010
Visit site
if you invested some money and brought them up to some modern firmware i suppose its possible but not feasible much cheaper and time efficient to just by some wireless cctvs

yeah im not interested in investing money it, it was just out of curiousity, since they're all just sitting in a bag at my house i figured maybe theres something i could possibly do with them?

and i would donate them, but since most of them have broken screens and stuff they usually dont want them

Reactions: theiphonerocks

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Yea, slyfi's probably right. It would be quite the project to rig them all up to act as closed circuit/wifi cameras. If they don't all already have bluetooth, that won't be an option. Would be probably cheaper and faster to just but 20 small cameras.

An72

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
hey.. you really have an awesome collection with you. I can say how you are totally hooked up with these gadgets.

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
yeah im not interested in investing money it, it was just out of curiousity...
Then, NO. You won't get around investing money and lots and lots of time into that nearly impossible project. Even if those phones all have bluetooth, I doubt if they have the same BT profiles on them. That's your first major hurdle/blockade.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh