spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
When i try to use airprint, the phone sees my printer, but asks me for a username and password. Not sure what they are. Any ideas?

It's an HP psc1610 and I'm using windows 7.

Thanks.

spiderman001728

May 8, 2009
Visit site
ok i figured it out.

On windows 7 i have only the one user account with no password,as it is a family computer. When I try to airprint it asks for a username and password. I enter the account name and leave the password blank because there is none. NO LUCK

If i go into control panel and apply a password for the computer.... VOILA airprint magic.

I dont want a password on my PC, so..... anyone know what the deal is here?

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
its a sounds like a security thing built into IOS now keep in mind that you are using a beta version.

the programming is designed to look for a password the correct password returns a value of 1 (true) the wrong password returns a value of 0 (false)
if no input is given there is no statement to access so its defaulted to 0. try just putting a space in for the password. no guarantee though I'm not familiar with the IOS code

Reactions: spiderman001728

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
well again its a beta make the pass on your comp a space then you essentially have no pass (but a login in screen :/) and you can have airprint until the official release at least.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods