Turn off multitasking???

Reparkable

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
Any way to turn off multitasking in iOS 4.1? Do I need to worry about battery drain, speed of processing, or data usage while the apps are in the background?

I also heard that the apps aren't really "running in the background" that in fact they are there just for ease of use when switching back and forth between them.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
There is no way to turn off multitasking. And what you heard is correct. Most apps aren't running in the background, they're just sitting there in a saved state.

Reactions: Reparkable

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
only times your battery will be effected is if your running a music app in the background or if your using location services in the background otherwise there is no diffrence

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
Multitasking

I worry about battery drain too, but I don't think the multitasking it the issue. However, because of my paranoia about battery and memory, I occasionally go to the trouble of closing every open app, turning off the phone and then starting over.

sherlock

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
I worry about battery drain too, but I don't think the multitasking it the issue. However, because of my paranoia about battery and memory, I occasionally go to the trouble of closing every open app, turning off the phone and then starting over.

I do the same but it sounds as though it isn't necessary.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
no s h i t sherlock... im sorry i had to i dont mean that at all lol just the name

any who yeah... akward