Aloowing exchange email to stay on iphone

mcskeeto

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Hello. I just got an iphone 4 today (switching from BB9700). It's my first post here and was hoping to find a solution to my problem. I set up my push gmail on exchange easily enough. I noticed that when I check email on my pc through outlook, it erases it from my iphone inbox. Is there a way to keep the email on my iphone? I have my gmail set up to remove the message from my gmail inbox when I download it to outlook. Is it simply a matter of leaving a copy on the server and deleting the messages on the gmail site manually? This would be a solution but kind of a pain for me. Is there any other way to do it?
Thanks for any help.

Roo Zilla

Dec 17, 2008
Visit site
Hello. I just got an iphone 4 today (switching from BB9700). It's my first post here and was hoping to find a solution to my problem. I set up my push gmail on exchange easily enough. I noticed that when I check email on my pc through outlook, it erases it from my iphone inbox. Is there a way to keep the email on my iphone? I have my gmail set up to remove the message from my gmail inbox when I download it to outlook. Is it simply a matter of leaving a copy on the server and deleting the messages on the gmail site manually? This would be a solution but kind of a pain for me. Is there any other way to do it?
Thanks for any help.

Email set up through Exchange will sync your messages with the server. Whatever's on the server is what you get on your phone. Basically, that means if you set up Outlook to erase messages from the server once you download them (using POP access I assume), you won't see them on your iPhone. You have to keep the messages on the server for your iPhone to access them via Exchange.

Reactions: mcskeeto

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I've never used Outlook, but I have to ask: do they not provide a way to sync with your mail provider? Or do you have to rely on Gmail for your options?

This article is the closest thing I found, and it seems like a bit of a kludge.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
@Massie - Outlook is an email client. Gmail is an email server. You use Outlook to read the email sent to your Gmail account rather than using the web client.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711