"Jaundice Effect" Revisited...

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Okay...my iPhone 4, which I've had since July, takes good pics with the flash in low light, no yellow "jaundice effect" at all. My wife's iPhone, which we just purchased a few days ago, has the "jaundice effect". I took both iPhones into a darkened room, and turned on the video light on both to keep the LEDs illuminated, and shone them both against a white wall. There is a noticeable difference in the color of the LEDs. Mine is a cool white light, but hers is noticeably warmer.

To rule out possible differences caused by software (JB iOS 4.0.1 vs. iOS 4.1), I also took pictures in a darkened room with her iPhone, after turning off her flash and using the LED on my iPhone for illumination. The photos looked fine.

This makes me wonder if the "jaundice" effect, which only occurs on some phones, is caused by a defective LED flash on those phones.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Upon further investigation, I don't have any issues with LED flash pics. It's just regular pics. They need to adjust the damn white balance. However HDR helps a lot.

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
I only get the "jaundice effect" intermittently. I can litereally take the same picture twice in a row and one will be perfect and the other will be yellow...happens with HDR on or off. Never considered that it might be an issue with the LED, and I hope it isn't, as my phone is only 3 weeks old and I am not ready to have to replace her already. The way I look at it, if one pic comes out yellow, I just take another and it usually is fine.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods