Need help!

cmikhow#AC

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I've posted this on the Crackberry and Android Central community forums as well and I fully understand I am most likely getting very biased answers from each but I recently got a job at Telus Mobility (one of the big 3 cell phone providers in Canada.. actually Big 2, because ya.. it's just them and Rogers)

Well they require me to get a phone through them so I was wondering as a LONG time BB user what you guys suggested.

I'm leaning towards iPhone 4, but I find myself scared to changeover from Blackberry, like I'm afraid of the change or that iPhone won't have all the features I'm accustomed to.

I've already accepted the losses of BBM and my blinky light, but BBM is pretty stupid anyways and the blinky light I'll just have to live without.

BASICALLY I'm thinking my options are Blackberry Torch, i4, or the HTC Desire..

What do you guys think? Please try and be objective, and weigh in the differences/pros/cons I am AWARE you all love iphone :p but I need some help!

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Not a big fan of Androids, having only owned one. But I can chime in on Blackberry vs iPhone 4. I was a long time berry user (5+ years) and had every GSM model RIM offered, including two 8900s, three 9000s and a 9700. Blackberrys served me well, no complaints. But I wanted something different and opted for the i4. I must objectively say, this i4 is THE finest device Ive ever owned. Best screen in the industry, 5mp camera, HD video, 1 gHz processor, FaceTime, super responsive and super fast. To me, the 9800 is the same old OS with a few tweaks, bells and whistles. And a "slider' for your flagship device? Come on RIM, this is 2010.

Ariyala

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I've never owned a BB, but there are several posts on here about how BB users who switched over to i4 love it (with the exception of a few custom settings). The Android, imo, is way too hard to customize. You can, but you have to play with it for a while.

Sorry I wasnt much help.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I've posted this on the Crackberry and Android Central community forums as well and I fully understand I am most likely getting very biased answers from each but I recently got a job at Telus Mobility (one of the big 3 cell phone providers in Canada.. actually Big 2, because ya.. it's just them and Rogers)

Well they require me to get a phone through them so I was wondering as a LONG time BB user what you guys suggested.

I'm leaning towards iPhone 4, but I find myself scared to changeover from Blackberry, like I'm afraid of the change or that iPhone won't have all the features I'm accustomed to.

I've already accepted the losses of BBM and my blinky light, but BBM is pretty stupid anyways and the blinky light I'll just have to live without.

BASICALLY I'm thinking my options are Blackberry Torch, i4, or the HTC Desire..

What do you guys think? Please try and be objective, and weigh in the differences/pros/cons I am AWARE you all love iphone :p but I need some help!

They require you to get a phone?

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Coming from a BB (which I adored, but it was upgrade and time fore a change), I can honestly say I am glad I went iPhone...this thing is faster, it does everything I ask of it, and it is much more simplified than my BB was. I considered going android but my husband has an HTC Aria and I was not impressed...to me it is even more complicated than the BB. I do miss my BB for how small she was, and her blinky light. I don't miss the once a day battery pulls. I thought I would hate the touchscreen keyboard, but I took to it like a duck in water. In the end, it's going to come down to what you use the phone for, and which one of your choices suits your needs best

Alkali

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Nothings beats the i4 my friend! I have had almost all the top pcs & few bb and have had HTC desire, samsung galaxy but nothings compares with the i4.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I only used BBs for years prior to my switch to the 3G. I am now on the iP 4 and would never even fathom switching to another non-iOS device!