Problems when syncing, please help.

dannyyoung

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
I am not sure why this happens, but I want to sync Books using iTunes, on both my iPhone and iPad, but when I try to set this up on my iPhone, it says "Are you sure you want to sync Books? All existing songs, films and TV programmes on the iPhone will be removed"

Obviously there is a reason for this but I have looked through the forums and can't find a specific one. What I can say is that I have my iTunes library on a NAS box, and I tried to use more than one laptop to access that NAS library, so that I can update my iPhone wherever I am. It didn't work, and now I use the same PC all the time. Is this problem something to do with authorised PC's?
I have just upgraded to IOS4.1 and am running iTunes v10.0.0.68
I tried deauthorising all computers as I had some legacy ones that were still authorised, and reauthorised only this one, but I still have the same problem. I don't want to have to restore my iPhone if possible, as it has a manual selection of music that took me ages to sort through.

Any ideas would be welcome! Thanks for reading.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
its referring to the sync... as in it will erase all that stuff and replace it with whats on your computer
and if your using the same computer it will add the stuff you need.
there are 2 types of sync:
type 1) taking whats on the device and adding it to the computer
type 2) taking whats on the computer and adding it to the device

type 1 is used when transferring purchases to the computer and adding notes and the like
type 2 is what your experiencing everything should be fine
(they use type 2 to stop users from using the device to transfer music apps and any non user created data from one computer to another, its part of the fall out that is DRM something they said they got rid of )

qzilver

Sep 2, 2010
www.giantrobot.cz.cc
Do you specifically need it to sync or do you just want specific books on it? Because what i did was just drag the ebooks onto the iphone folder on the left, because I got the same message you got before.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen