iPhone 4.1 proximity sensor?

jmjohn

Apr 14, 2009
Visit site
I was just on a call that the proximity sensor did not prevent me from muting the phone, then sending tones via the keypad, and all while holding it close to my ear. I can tell no particularly usable difference following the 4.1 update.

Does anyone have any experience with it improving with the update?.....or not?

Thanks,
john

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
I haven't updated the gf's phone yet and we both had the issue. I have been on 4.1GM for a while and it hasn't helped. Going to restore one more time this weekend and see if that fixes it. And update the gf's and see if it helps hers. Then if both of them are acting funky still, I can swap both. If hers is fine, we can leave hers be. Just won't have to make 2 trips.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
@iMuggle,
What steps did you take to restore? My proximity sensor is better but still not fixed. I went through the phone settings = general = reset then restored from iTunes last night but haven't been on it that much today to test it out to see if the problem still exists.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
It didn't stop the proximity issue. Maybe a small band-aid
for a gigantic cut.

Last edited:

chemtc73

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Funny you should bring this up. I had no issues while using iOS 4.0, but once I updated to 4.1 my proximity sensor seems to be not working correctly. Even when I hold my phone close to my ear the screen keeps turning on and off. Not sure what is going on.

toomanyphones

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Both phones working fine now. The day one phone only developed the problem after a few weeks and it was hit and miss. The later unit have been fine.

Slyfi

TiPb Forum Staff
Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
my pphone didnt have an issue before or after the update...

bought my iphone 4 2 weeks after the official release date so maybe its a couple of batches as is more of a hardware then a software thing

Cup_Cakr

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
I was having some small issues with the sensor, could just see it out of the corner of my eye as I was on the phone, no dropped calls. But it seems that 4.1 has fixed the issue.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice