Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

60 Posts

Default 4.1 Battery life & Updating 3GS Questions

Is the Battery life any better from 4.0.1 to 4.1? I went from 4.0 to 4.0.1 last weekend and was getting better battery life with 4.0 then with 4.0.1. Did a Restore to factory setting and re synced everything and was better but not as good.

Also when updating to the new OS is it better to do the backup way or as a new phone and re sync everything after the update?

The last 2 updates I've done I did the update with the backup installed right after and noticed little things wrong and battery issues and afew hours later I would just completely restore my iPhone and then sync everything back.

iMore Elite

2,044 Posts
    Global Posts
    20,036 Global Posts

I don't have the 3GS, but I think it has improved on my i4.
    iPhone Nanite

3 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Just got an iPhone 4 and I have to say it beats my old Palm Pre by a mile. Since I'm new to the iPhone I couldn't compare it to previous generations. But one thing that has impressed me greatly is how well it performs off the charger. I no longer worry about running out of juice by noon.
    iMore Guru

1,545 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,577 Global Posts

on my iphone 4 im noticing about the same battery life