Proof meet Pudding: iPhone 4 vs. iPod Touch 4 Camera Battle

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
So my buddy, who is an all out Droid fan, decided he wanted (and i quote) "The features of your iPhone 4 without the crap"...so he thought it'd be a great idea to go buy a brand spanking new iPod Touch 4G.

Yesterday, after our shifts were over, he comes to me while i'm finishing up some paper work and says "YO! Guess what man! I have your iPhone 4 but i only spent a couple hundred bucks! AND i still have my droid!" I, being a tech geek, just kind of smiled at his alpha male tirade, and let him stand there with his caveman look on his face, jumping around, pointing and making noise as if he just created fire...after a minute of this, i was a bit humored knowing what i knew about the iPod's camera, but he was diligent in his need to prove my iPhone weak and inferior, so i asked "Let's compare a picture shall we?" He filled with testosterone, chest puffed out, voice unnaturally deep..."You're going to be sad" he says...a smile comes to my face and the challenge begins.

One picture each...same subject, my half empty orange gatorade bottle. The outcome can be seen below...the first photo is the iPod, the second is the iPhone.

No HDR...just a plain picture.

He was distraught, and i simply sat there with a smile and asked "Still loving that iPod camera?"

Now i cant blame him completely, Apple did do what they could to avoid spilling the beans on the details of the iPods precious addition, and really, in my opinion, kind of misled alot of people into thinking the iPod pulled all the iPhone features into a cheaper iPod package...but in this specific case, i had to take pleasure in the results.

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apparently he's unhappy with the thing and is trying to bring it back...i wonder how many other people who bought the iPod touch 4 expected to have the same camera as the iPhone 4 only to be surprised like this...

Last edited:

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Apparently he's unhappy with the thing and is trying to bring it back...i wonder how many other people who bought the iPod touch 4 expected to have the same camera as the iPhone 4 only to be surprised like this...

I imagine some will.

But i also wonder how many will know the difference? He wouldn't if he didn't have your iphone 4 to compare.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm just happy that our iPhone 4's haven't been shown up by the new Touch as in previous versions, we still have the "flagship" XD

ScottRoke

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
But what I don't understand, is that on contract, the iPhone 4 is the same price as comparably "GBed" iPod Touches (In fact, the 16 GB iPhone is $30 LESS than the 8 GB iPT).

So why was your friend bragging about paying less for his iPod than your iPhone, especially when he bought a phone and iPod separately, which combined is undoubtably more expensive than one iPhone. So he paid more and got less?

Am I just confusing something? :confused:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro