Help with FaceTime on iPhone 4

brianalley#IM

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 4 and I received a Nexus One today and want to use it for a few days, but still want to use FaceTime one the iPhone. I was wondering if there is a way to use FaceTime on the iPhone 4 without a SIM card in it. I will mostly be using FaceTime to other iPhone 4's. Any help is much appreciated. I have done some research, but I can't find a definite answer to my pleasing. Thanks again!

Last edited:

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Not sure here, but the new iPod Touch has Face Time and it obviously doesn't have a SIM. Since both require wifi, just try it with your router or a hotspot without the SIM, may work, may not.

MrCippy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
on iOS 4.1 you can use email addresses to make FaceTime calls. try updating and then using wifi to call via email.. worth a shot, at least.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Not trying to be rude but why don't you just remove the SIM card from the phone and try making a facetime call? just go to the contact you want to call and hit facetime. That would give you your answer better than anyone on any forum.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Not trying to be rude but why don't you just remove the SIM card from the phone and try making a facetime call? just go to the contact you want to call and hit facetime. That would give you your answer better than anyone on any forum.

That's what I was thinking.

Last edited:

brianalley#IM

Apr 23, 2010
Visit site
I have tried all of those things. I removed the SIM card and tried a facetime call with an email and still no luck. I have gone to the contact and clicked the FT button and it gives me the option to call from their phone numbers or their email and I select email. I will keep trying and if you all have any other suggestions please let me know. Thanks again for the help.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711