Newbie to iPhone 4

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I have had my iPhone 4 for a little over 2 weeks now. I am a new customer to AT&T from Nextel and I have to say that this thing is awesome. I was wondering something. I am reading alot about jailbreaking and so forth. First thing, what is it? Second, is it worth it? and Third, is it available for the iOS 4.0.2. I bought my iPhone directly from an Apple Store in Connecticut and the phone came with it preloaded.

The only thing I don't like so far is the fact that I can not assign ring tones to each email address and so forth. I came from the Blackberry 8350i and I could assign a ring tone to pretty much what ever I wanted.

Also, if anyone has any tips they would care to share with me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Nick

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In the case you're too lazy to hit the link...jailbreaking gives you varying amounts of control over features and settings on your iPhone (based on your level of tech savvy) that you didn't have before (anywhere from simply adding themes all the way to full up and down customization of all features). It's a great thing, but you wont get to find out until the 4.1 JB is released to the masses.

While non-jailbroken...your ability to customize ringtones remains purely for contact ringtones, other notification sounds cannot be changed outside of the stock sounds unfortunately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro