Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    Administrator

Global Posts
    10,099 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Exclamation iOS 4.1 Issues and Bugs

While you are waiting for iOS 4.1 feel feel to chat it up here about the upcoming release and once it drops talk about all of the bugs as well...
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Anyone have any suggestions about what time the update will go live today?
    In a Tiny Nutshell - my iPhone 4G accessory reviews!

Apple Game Center ID: Chris1981

My Ping Profile
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    iOS Version

maybe 10 am pacific time like the conferences?
    iPhone Newbie

i wish they'd hurry up and drop it. I hate waiting. They should release at midnight the day they are scheduled. that way, the fanboys who stay up late can download it and then normal people could get it throughout the day. Less strain on the servers I would think.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

It IS live now, install went smoothly within eight minutes. GameCenter present. Nothing faulty detected so far.
    Most important to me: Navigon works.
    Black iPhone4 32 GB. MacBook Pro. iPad 3G.
    Former iPhone 3GS - BB Storm - BB Curve.
    iPhone Nanite

Default iOS Issue

I've found a couple of issues, i originally had problems connecting to my home wifi, where i couldn't renew the lease, everything else worked on the network but my iphone 4, this was fixed by restarting my router. And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?
    iPhone Newbie

I had trouble with the file. It couldn't process, was corrupted.

Restarted the machine, download again, no problem! Phew!
    iPhone Nanite

typing. there seems to be an issue with the screen detecting my finger when typing texts. first time this has ever happened and 3rd iphone so clearly it is not a "user" malfunction...... very frustrating and seems to disappear when i close and re-open the text app
    iPhone Newbie

Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Blob View Post
    And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?
    Good spot, its the same for me with songs, albums and artists!!
    Thanked by:
    four4usc (10-11-2010)
    iPhone Newbie

I've only found one issue so far, my camera roll is just black. I can select pictures but can't see them. HDR is hot btw !
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by john.woody View Post
    Yep, "J" is now listed under "K". Doh...
    Cracking Toast Gromit!
    iPhone Nanite

I have an iPhone 4. I attempted to update from 4.02 to 4.1. The update failed and the phone is stuck in recovery mode now. Tries to restore to the last backup and fails. It keeps on throwing an error 1004. Phone is a paperweight now. I tried calling Apple but they are currently closed still so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar later on today.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by kkurkowskij View Post
    I have an iPhone 4. I attempted to update from 4.02 to 4.1. The update failed and the phone is stuck in recovery mode now. Tries to restore to the last backup and fails. It keeps on throwing an error 1004. Phone is a paperweight now. I tried calling Apple but they are currently closed still so I made an appointment at the Genius Bar later on today.

Anyone else have any suggestions?
    I contacted Apple about this problem and they told me the phone needs to be replaced.
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Blob View Post
    I've found a couple of issues, i originally had problems connecting to my home wifi, where i couldn't renew the lease, everything else worked on the network but my iphone 4, this was fixed by restarting my router. And my next issue is that in the ipod app the letters J and Q are missing, weird i know, all the artists and songs are there but all the ones beginning with J are under K and all the ones with Q are under R. Anyone else got this issue?
    I do not show that on my end. All songs/artists/playlists starting with "J" and "Q" are appropriately under "J" and "Q".
    iPhone Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by john.woody View Post
    Yeah mine's the same, all are affected
    iPhone Intermediate

iOS 4.1

This may just be me but i see a delay when clicking the send button in sms. The sms key stays pushed in as when it becomes a darker blue and then releases itself a second or however long later when it starts to send the message.

Is this just me or anyone else notice it?
    iPhone Nanite

Angry contact list access using 4.0

I upgraded to 4.1 and now can not access my friends contact lists nor can anyone post on my wall. Any suggestions. I have tried to do this on my computer and I can access both but not on my iphone
    Last edited by robyn5171; 09-09-2010 at 02:31 PM.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,470 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by s7arscr3am View Post
    Not sure if this is an "issue", but I was on 4.01 and JailBroken, and performed an update to 4.1. After the update, my carrier still showed what I had when I used MakeItMine (iP4, instead of AT&T). Everything else was gone; Cydia, Winterboard, etc... Anyone else see this? I know the update was thoroughly successful.
    This is a result of restoring from a backup after updating to the new firmware. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as a new device.
    Twitter: @codemonkeycodes / website: www.codemonkeycodes.com &
    Married 9/4/11
    iPhone 6 64GB : ~= 5/10/10 RIP Dad, Forever in our hearts =~
    iPhone Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by big9erfan View Post
    This is a result of restoring from a backup after updating to the new firmware. The only way to get rid of it is to restore as a new device.
    Thanks 9erfan.

Question is, is the update thorough? Did I do something wrong? Or is it ok? I knew that I would be un-JailBreaking it, so that's why I was surprised when I saw the carrier remained as it was when it was JailBroken.

Thanks again.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Updated from 4.0 to 4.1 last night with no problems. All seems to be working fine with one exception (so far). I have the understanding that 4.1 installs a Facetime app in the upper left corner of the home screen. That didn't happen with my install.
    Looked through every folder and screen on my iPhone 4 but no luck. Reboot didn't help.
    Anyone else experience this?
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Just learned from someone that the Facetime app is for the iPod Touch, not the iPhone. Facetime is built into the phone app on the iPhone. So, no issue :-)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,603 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I should slap you Raven.
    iPhone Nanite

iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
    I should slap you Raven.
    I beat ya to it :-)
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Idk if this is an issue or just an annoyance, but whenever I receive a new text sms now, the keyboard automatically pops up instead of leaving the threaded convo full screen. It annoys me because sometimes the text is really long and I have to back out of the text and select it again for the keyboard to disappear ... And sometimes I have to do it two or three times before the keyboard finally goes away. Anyone else with this?
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Follow me on Twitter: JonMarkCarmona
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast