iPhone 4 scratches?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I actually have a scratch from something that got in between the belkin case and the back of the phone...its very faint but its there, i was rather unhappy and made sure to fully wipe down the phone before putting the case back on...

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I actually have a scratch from something that got in between the belkin case and the back of the phone...its very faint but its there, i was rather unhappy and made sure to fully wipe down the phone before putting the case back on...

That's what worries me about the slider cases...they're so snug if you had a grain of anything in it, you'd have a scratch the length of the phone! :eek:

And no, I'm not 15..... by a LOT! ;)

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
that is unlucky, i have a back protector for mine as well as the case to go around it, i had multiple cases for my 3G and non of them satisfied my needs but this one i have for the 4G is perfect, i will continue to look for others though just so i can change them every so often

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The sad part was i cleaned the back of the phone off and even looked at it pretty closely before putting the case on, but the clear plastic made it really tough to see some of the little specs of stuff on it, and i guess something with grit was on there too. My wife laughed at me because she said the "scratch" i refer to is truly non-existant, but its like a brand new black paint job on a car, when its yours, you see EVERYTHING.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Got mine the day before they came out (thanks Apple for the early shipping still!!!) and I dropped it from about 2-3 feet onto a metal table leg (day 1 lol) and no scratch or anything. It has been in a case ever since!

Miggs2002

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
i bought the case before i bought the phone, as soon as it came out of the box (in my bedroom on the bed) is was covered front and back with invisible shields then put in a hard silicone case.

i'm taking no chances with this one lol

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
As it has been stated before in several threads, the iPhone 4's glass is 20x harder than plastic. That doesn't mean it is unscratchable. Keys, probably not since glass is harder (on the Moh's Hardness Scale) than keys. Glass is rated at a 7 and steel is rated at 4.5. Hardened steel is rated at 7.5 (which would scratch glass). So there are many substances that will scratch glass. My tungsten ring is rated at 9.5...it will scratch the glass screens no problem. It all comes down to science.

I didn't even think about my wedding ring (tungsten carbide). Glad I use a case (Speck Candyshell) and protector (PS Anti-glare).

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Ever since I posted in this thread my phone was dropped by me (saved it prior to smashing into ground and once by my 3 yr old who was brining my phone to me for w/e reason lol. Still no scratches! Thank you Belkin Grip Vue!

freebiejeebies

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
scratched mine on day two of owning it, I didn't want to pay apples ridiculous price for the bumpers so it went nude while I waited for a cheaper alternative. Put it on the small waste bin while I put my shoes on and it fell off, only fell about a foot but got a tiny scratch on the screen, you can imagine how annoyed I was and I notice it every time I use it. Grrrr

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox