iOS 4.1 updates

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
I went ahead and *cough* obtained it *cough* and the proximity sensor is 100% fixed. I tried it in every angle possible and it failed to display the issues that troubled it. I am sure for some it will still mess up due to faulty hardware. Thank god for the ability to disable spell check as well. Us superior spelling species don't need that garbage. Still testing white balancing and the odd issue where sometimes it puts a blue tint to some pics randomly. I will come back and give further updates. Feel free to chime in if you see anything as well.

Modem Firmware 02.10.04

Carrier Profile AT&T 8.0

Last edited:

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm restoring my backup file right now on 4.1. We shall see. Glad the proximity issue is fixed. That was a real annoyance.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the HDR capability. How is the image quality? Does it create the image from one snap of the shutter, or three in succession?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
You know, I'm not a camera guy. I will occasionally take pics. Nothing fancy. Perhaps a more camera oriented person can answer.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm curious about the HDR capability. How is the image quality? Does it create the image from one snap of the shutter, or three in succession?

Jobs said that it actually took 3 pictures in rapid succession... keeps the one you "took", and uses that image, one underexposed and one overexposed to create the HDR image and then discards the over/under exposed... the two images that will be saved are the original and the HDR image.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I went ahead and *cough* obtained it *cough* and the proximity sensor is 100% fixed. I tried it in every angle possible and it failed to display the issues that troubled it. I am sure for some it will still mess up due to faulty hardware. Thank god for the ability to disable spell check as well. Us superior spelling species don't need that garbage. Still testing white balancing and the odd issue where sometimes it puts a blue tint to some pics randomly. I will come back and give further updates. Feel free to chime in if you see anything as well.

Modem Firmware 02.10.04

Carrier Profile AT&T 8.0

isnt that risky? what if there are subtle changes before it is released? when its released will iTunes detect a new version even though you are already on 4.1?

installing 4.1 now. Will report my experience.

Last edited:

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I'm on 4.1 and everything is awesome but Game Center has me logged in (already had a username) and I don't see any games or anything as advertised.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
what is the proximity sensor issue? not sure if I have it.

when held to your head it would randomly turn the screen back on thus your face was mashing buttons like mute or even end call. it was a pain in the rear. seems to be ok now but thats on limited testing so far here.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
isnt that risky? what if there are subtle changes before it is released? when its released will iTunes detect a new version even though you are already on 4.1?

installing 4.1 now. Will report my experience.

Nah. The GM Seed is akin to a release candidate. Something that's ready for consumers. Yes, iTunes will detect the release version of 4.1...so far, so good. I'll give HDR photos a run during the day tomorrow though.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Jobs said that it actually took 3 pictures in rapid succession... keeps the one you "took", and uses that image, one underexposed and one overexposed to create the HDR image and then discards the over/under exposed... the two images that will be saved are the original and the HDR image.

That's what I was afraid of. So, this will be like any other HDR app- unusable with any living subject. It's cool to have it natively available for landscape shots, but I was hoping that it would create the HDR image from one image capture so that it could be used in action shots/portraits.

ripnetuk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
A2DP Broken?

Hi,
I just 'obtained' and flashed the GM release to my iPhone4 (mostly for the new AVRCP remote controls on bt stereo headsets), and have found that A2DP is seriously broken on this build. I hope this is fixed before the release.

I have a sony A2DP headset, that worked perfectly under 4.0x (except for track skip buttons), but since upgrading to 4.1GM it has suddenly redirected the audio to the speaker (in the office - how embarasing) while listening to it through bt - that is my worst fear with bt stereo, and makes me not want to use it.

After re-pairing, it worked for a bit, but keeps getting into a state where it thinks its playing through the headset, but no sound comes out. As i said, it worked perfectly before the update. re-pairing fixes it, but syncing to iTunes seems to kill it again.

Has anyone else seen these issues? can I flash back to 4.0x, or does apple only allow 'upgrades' to versions os iOs??

George

agentbillo

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Bluetooth problems not fixed for me

I updated to 4.1 and my phone and my wife's phone are still having intermittent trouble connecting to BT in our cars.

(Infiniti cars: 2007 and 2009 model years)

:(

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
That's what I was afraid of. So, this will be like any other HDR app- unusable with any living subject. It's cool to have it natively available for landscape shots, but I was hoping that it would create the HDR image from one image capture so that it could be used in action shots/portraits.

The whole concept of HDR requires multiple images... the process needs to compare various areas of the multiple images to create the best over-all image. It's tough to compare anything with a single photo.

ripnetuk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
Thank you :) i am going to just revert to wired headphones ... was in two minds if wireless was actually more convinient anyway (since it needs charging, and the headset itself is a bit crap in that the volume control is very flakey).. in which case I will stay with the GM until the official release next week (is that likely to be exactly the same code assuming apple find no problems??? i got a mate to register my iPhone with apple, so i dont know if it would have applied without that or not...)
g

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR