iOS 4.1 updates

ripnetuk

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
oh dear... looks like there is a regression with a2dp then (at least for my setup), unless its because i restored a 4.0x backup over a 4.1 install...
nevermind, as i said, i was unsure if a2dp was actually an advantage anyway... the lack of wires is good (especially for cycling), but the remote is a PITA compared to the one on the apple wired headset that can always be found just below my right ear :) and it needs charging, and the audio gets re-compressed so in theory is lower quality.
I was suprised at how good the battary life of the iphone4 is with a2dp though - i was expecting to take a hit, but it seems stella (in general, and when using stereo bt)...

If its the final build, im defo gonna leave it on there... now just waiting for the betas of 4.2 for my iPad so it can finally multitask...

g

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I have never used bluetooth. Never will. I think it's silly.

Bluetooth is great. Especially when your car is bluetooth enabled and state law requires handsfree. No ear piece, just bring your phone in the car and you can speak freely. Signal, battery and caller ID displayed on my dash. Silly? :confused:

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Bluetooth is great. Especially when your car is bluetooth enabled and state law requires handsfree. No ear piece, just bring your phone in the car and you can speak freely. Signal, battery and caller ID displayed on my dash. Silly? :confused:

That law doesn't exist where I am. Non-issue.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I've never really gotten into BT. I'll stick with the headphones from Apple.

My everyday drivers are Nuforce NE-7Ms...love em! But I do have a pair of BT headphones just for running because the Apple headphones can't take sweat. Basically my point is that BT has its uses.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The whole concept of HDR requires multiple images... the process needs to compare various areas of the multiple images to create the best over-all image. It's tough to compare anything with a single photo.

Lol. Trust me, I'm very familiar with HDR imaging. All I was trying to say was that I was hoping for a bastardized "digital" form of HDR imaging where it will use the same image to change exposure levels, then merge for for a simple HDR image. Seeing the sample photo of the lady that Apple had gave me hope.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
I haven't noticed any further white balance issues.

When using the HDR functionality or using the normal camera mode?

I'm currently downloading 4.1 and will have it installed "shortly". I've noticed some pretty nasty white balance issues before ( indoors ) and I'll post about them again if they still exist in 4.1.

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
4.1 hasn't changed the white balance issue I have in my office in the slightest. I'm tempted to take my phone to Apple and see what they say.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Here is a comparison of indoor HDR vs. non-HDR shots. I like the fact that it saves the original, because if I like that photo more, I can just use that one. It takes a little longer, but I think it's worth it. I'm not a great iPhone photographer, so I'll take the help.

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Did some battery testing throughout the day. I have improved battery life. In the morning when I get to work, I stream our morning show. I get to work at 8 and it ends around 9:30. 4.0 - 4.0.2 would leave the battery at 80% after starting at 100%. Today, it left it at 85%. Any improvement is welcome.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2