Official Apple 2010 Special Music Event predictions/reactions

Rene Ritchie

Old Man Ritchie
Jan 12, 2007
www.about.me
We're only a few hours away folks. What will we see? New iPod touch with retina display and FaceTime? iOS 4.1? New Apple TV? New iTunes? Streaming music and/video?

Sound off with your predictions right here, then give us your reactions after the event.

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
We're only a few hours away folks. What will we see? New iPod touch with retina display and FaceTime? iOS 4.1? New Apple TV? New iTunes? Streaming music and/video?

Sound off with your predictions right here, then give us your reactions after the event.

I think we'll see the new iPod which will be like a iP4 hardware wise minus the whole 3G radio, but even slimmer.

I don't think 4.1 will be out today, I think they'll anounce that it will be available next week.

Hopefully 4.1 includes a fix for the proximity sensor.

New Apple TV and iTunes 10 is my other guesses, and a big maybe on the iTunes streaming (which would be awesome)..

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I'm guessing...

1. They will announce 4.1 but like readbeard said, it won't be available until later next week.
2. They will announce the new Nano 4 and the new iPod Touch 4.
3. The iPod Touch will have the retina display and FaceTime available for 199 for 8GB.

NinjaBreadMan

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing...
3. The iPod Touch will have the retina display and FaceTime available for 199 for 8GB.

This is the only thing that I wish for and not even for me. I would like to get this for my daughter to facetime with her. Unfortunately, this event is a bit unexciting for me, specifically the $0.99 rental thing (keep my netflix thx).

I want to hear something about flash content working on the iphone, whether it be adobe or some other company with an alternative product. All too often I get frustrated surfing the www only to find site incomplete or worst inaccessible. THAT'S what I want to hear about, but I digress, that's another gripe for another thread.

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Didn't they say you can download iTunes 10? Their site says you can yet it still comes up 9. They best hurry on that!

E Pow

Jul 23, 2008
Visit site
I thought the event was nice. I like the Gamecenter, iTunes 10, the new iPods are extremely nice, and the Apple TV is something I will be looking into now.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
The ipod touch looked good. And glad to see 4.1 fixes some bugs. And appreciated knowing when 4.2 will hit.

But everything else was kinda lame.

1. Facebook for itunes = more bloat. Not wanted.
2. Don't care about other ipods..
3. Apple tv is a joke. It's basically a Roku player but using itunes store instead of amazon. Can't see renting tv shows. But i'm sure this well sell because it looks cute.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
I'm kinda thinking I'll get an AppleTV for the AirPlay possibilities. I can't wait till I can FaceTime with a bunch of people haha. I also loved how Steve quickly passed over the fatty Nano and didn't mention the Classic. Also, not much talk of proximity sensor fix in 4.1. It was all about hyping what's new. Excited to get 4.2 on the iPad. iTunes/Ping? I don't want another social network.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm kinda thinking I'll get an AppleTV for the AirPlay possibilities. I can't wait till I can FaceTime with a bunch of people haha. I also loved how Steve quickly passed over the fatty Nano and didn't mention the Classic. Also, not much talk of proximity sensor fix in 4.1. It was all about hyping what's new. Excited to get 4.2 on the iPad. iTunes/Ping? I don't want another social network.

It's not Apple's style to dwell on bugs or their fixes. Jobs mentioned fixes for both the proximity sensor and BlueTooth problems, and mentioned the non-specific "iPhone bugs".

I am excited about the HDR photo feature or iOS 4.1, as well. The game center: meh.

And having to wait until November for iOS 4.2 for the iPad is a bit of a let down...

Finally, I could care less about the additional bloat of social networking in iTunes, EXCEPT to say, it's already a pig application... this will make it worse.

And as I already said, I've ordered my AppleTV upgrade. Notice that they didn't rename it "iTV" - I guess the threat of suit from that British company put the brakes on that one... also, no iOS or A4 chip for the AppleTV...

Overall, a rather "meh" presser from Apple this time around, IMHO.

cyaaa50

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Good to see that all of the updates will be free to the device. There was one round on the iTouch 2G that you had to pay for the release. Nice to see that is not happening again.

HDR camera built in, hope the 3rd party HDR app developers got a kickback. Although just about every update had a feature that was first put out by the community either through Apple or Cydia.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods