is the iPhone 4 screen scratch resistant?

Jon525

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a lot of videos about screen tests for the iPhone 4 and the original iPod touch when it first came out (when I got my iPod touch).

Anyway, I've tried to scratch mine with keys and a knife but it doesn't scratch (iPod and iPhone 4).

But what I've noticed after a couple of years, is that my iPod (touch) is pretty scratched up. How did this happen? Is there a layer of coating that 'dissolved' over time?

I'm contemplating whether to use a protector on my iPhone 4 or not =s

and is the back resistant too? I know the camera isn't, I already have scratches on it =s

THanks!!

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've seen a lot of videos about screen tests for the iPhone 4 and the original iPod touch when it first came out (when I got my iPod touch).

Anyway, I've tried to scratch mine with keys and a knife but it doesn't scratch (iPod and iPhone 4).

But what I've noticed after a couple of years, is that my iPod (touch) is pretty scratched up. How did this happen? Is there a layer of coating that 'dissolved' over time?

and is the back resistant too? I know the camera isn't, I already have scratches on it =s

THanks!!

You intentionally scratched your phone?!?!?!:eek:

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site

THanks!!

Lmao... Whats wrong with you? Are you the type of person someone tells not to put your hands in the box or you'll regret it, and you go ahead and put them in there anyways. Somebody could tell me my new Challanger is scratch resistant and Im sure in the hell not going to take my keys too it to find out. I cant stop laughing... Tool ! :D

dt81

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
There are a lot of people out there where money is not a concern. So if the screen did scratch, just go get another one.

jumpman2033

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
The screen is supposed to be, but from what i read on these boards the screen is not. I've actually heard (not seen) of people putting their phone in their pocket with nothing else and it comes out scratched. I don't know what to beleive so i protect my phone.

Reactions: djgmac

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
screen protectors AT LEAST are always a must. I also ordered some thin resin cases just to keep dust and scratches (I never NEVER drop my phone, thank God)

chippy19977

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
I hate screen protectors and cases and I've tried both. I've gone naked with my 3GS and now my iPhone 4 and never had a scratch.

v#AC

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
hello...i am merry...i am looking for skin that prevents my phone from any kind of damage that is scratch resistant

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2