google app or iphone mail?

bigchamp

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
which is better to use.the google app or the mail icon on iphone4.i see that with the google app theirs no way to sync notes or is there?if so somebody tell me how.does the google app do push?

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I just set up my gmail through the exchange slot on my iPhone. For me I was not a really big fan of using a third party app when the native solution works just fine.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
I have had the app installed, but never use it.

My boy actually does and he loves it, but only
for voice searches.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The google app just added push notifications for gmail but really I don't see the point since you get free exchange support with the mail app.

McIPhone

Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
Just set up Gmail as an Exchange account. Test message 5 took seconds to arrive. Sweet! Before I had it set to get my mail every 30 minutes.

jakej914

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
If you have a Mac, set up notes to sync via IMAP and Gmail, and you'll have an up to date copy on both your phone and your computer at all times. The Google app only sends you push notifications when you receive mail. If you're invested into the Google environment and use Gmail labels, filters, starring, etc., use the Google app for push notifications and Gmail web app.

Exechobo

Sep 25, 2010
exechobo.com
Gmail or Native email app?

I like gmail more and more, especially the functionality of tags. But, I run a few mailboxes, so unifying them is important. It was one of the barriers to adopting to an iPhone from my old BB. So I use the Mail app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice