New Computer, Need to..

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys i was wondering how can you transfer songs, movies on itunes from my old computer to my new macbook pro. I know you can transfer it by if you have a USB memory stick or so, but i lost mine and i was hoping you guys can tell me another way to transfer it. Im pretty sure theres a way to do it and simple.

Thanks guys if you can help me out here.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
If they are on the same network (should be since you are at home) have your old computer set up to share the folders with the files you want and copy them that way.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
if they are both connected to same network your home wifi/router turn on file sharing in system preferences on both computers and just drag and drop the files you need and it transfers over wifi

go to system preferences> sharing> and check file sharing then you are good to go just transfer all the files you need.

also if you need to transfer 2gb or under in the future just sign up for a dropbox account for free and use it that way.

Last edited:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Or go spend the 4 bucks for a jump drive. Or borrow one from a friend. There is no reason this should even be an issue.

Robert Waldroup

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
For applications such as this, I recommend using a portable external hard drive. A plug-in style hard drive will also work. You may need to reformat the drive to work with both windows and mac if your old computer is a PC, but this is straightforward and can be done via youtube tutorials.

alex.shimp

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
if they are both on the same network, you could use home sharing in itunes and just drag and drop everything into the library on the new computer. Both Computers have to be authorized to the same itunes account if have anything purchased, that's how I moved stuff over to my MacBook from my PC

Watcher

May 29, 2009
Visit site
As a rule I keep EVERYTHING I do on my computer stored on an external hard drive. Even the application installers are all stored on there so if anything happens to my PC, I don't have to recover anything since everything is housed on the external. When you have programs that you create files with, make sure there is a folder on the external that you save it to all the time instead of on the C drive. The same with Word files and iTunes. Your iTunes library is stored by default in your Shared Music folder. I manually changed it to be stored on my external HDD and I occasionally back up my XML library file as well as other adjuncts to iTunes from the aforementioned Music folder. I also make sure to every once and awhile copy my iPhone backups to the external as well as the Mobile Applications downloaded from the App Store.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner