- 08-27-2010, 12:26 PM #2
- 08-27-2010, 12:49 PM #4iPhone Nanite
- 3 Posts
Next iPhone needs to make me coffee each morning, teleport me anywhere within cell range, check my kid's homework every night and automatically ignore and purge all calls/texts/IMs/emails/facebook posts/surprise visits from my sister-in-law.
Oh, and better battery life would be nice too.
- 08-27-2010, 01:02 PM #5
- 08-27-2010, 01:11 PM #6
- Multi-core processor
- 1gb of ram
- Full 1080p HD recording
- Higher-res front facing camera (even though the current one does a fairly good job).
- Louder speakers (speakerphone)
- 3.7 inch screen
- Battery life is fine for me, but a higher capacity one wouldn't hurt.
- 64gb option
- More color options (even though I would still most likely stay with the generic black or white)
- And of course, fix the antenna issues.
- 08-27-2010, 01:12 PM #7
- 08-27-2010, 01:15 PM #8
- Larger screen....I mean why not right?
- Lets try a nice new OLED screen too.
- more RAM
- larger battery
- tactile feedback when typing ( they already filed a patent for it )
- OLED screen allows for a "blinking" part of the screen to notify you if you missed a call or text
All I can think of for now.
- 08-27-2010, 01:44 PM #9iPhone Newbie
- 11 Posts
i agree with most of the stuff from above except the bigger screen i like the size just the way it is... have you ever had an EVO in your hand or even in your pocket its tooo big...
But i do want:
-1gb of RAM
-And better battery though mine rarely dies during the course of a day and night
MOST IMPORTANTLY I WANT A VERSION OF BITESMS OR QUICKREPLY ADDED... i know this is not hardware but that is the only reason for me to JB and if apple would just add it there would be no need
- 08-27-2010, 01:47 PM #10
- 08-27-2010, 02:07 PM #11
- 08-27-2010, 02:16 PM #12
-Dual core processor
-3.7" Screen, keep LCD because I want to be able to see my iPhone outside.
-Better front camera
-Hardware camera button, maybe even allow it to be used for games as a shoulder button.
-Different case design, I like this one but the whole thing seems very fragile. Witnessed a 3 day old iP4 meet it's end from a 3 foot fall just last week, unacceptable; the back should not be glass.
More RAM, storage, and faster processor are all givens really.
Last edited by sting7k; 08-27-2010 at 02:19 PM.
- 08-27-2010, 02:21 PM #13
- 08-27-2010, 02:24 PM #14
Wish list for iphone 4/next iphone
No oled, maybe super oled. Cannot see in daylight.
Some kind of notification system, pleez!!
In agreement w/slightly bigger (wider) screen.
Option for different colored folders. Black is so meh! Maybe transparent?
- 08-27-2010, 03:03 PM #15
I'm not certain other than a different design that there's anything i really want other than the usual spec jumps.
It's all software wants mostly. Which should concern Apple as i keep looking at other platforms like android and 3.0 and HP's next webOS device. They're just a few big name apps away along with their own high res screens.
- 08-27-2010, 03:05 PM #16
I'm with @sting7k. I'd like stereo speakers and a hardware camera button as well. With the new design, it would be a cinch to add a camera button. Kind of un-iPhone to have another button though. Think everybody pretty much covered the RAM, processor, storage, etc.
- 08-27-2010, 04:13 PM #17iPhone Elite
- 2,485 Posts
Multiple-core processors and 1GB of RAM? are you guys actually serious? Just because you've heard these things might happen some time soon doesn't mean they are necessary.
Here's what I expect:
- possibly a larger screen, maybe 3.8" but in the same body size. Simply less bezel. I actually feel like the screen is really large though, the new body and the insanely high resolution makes the screen feel bigger than it is.
- 64GB storage.
- LTE. duh.
- new look. They won't keep this even if they can fix the antenna, simply because of the stigma.
- maybe more colours, but it's unlikely.
- marginal processor improvement but probably the same RAM.
- one new unexpected feature that hasn't really been done before.
- marginal battery improvement as per every generation, but not another 40% increase like this year. Battery life might kist be equivalent because of the LTE radio, though.
Here's what I think definitely won't happen:
- Dual Core. It's pointless dudes. Maybe the iPad needs it, it can be sluggish and the apps are much more complex, but iPhone definitely doesn't need it.
-1GB RAM... that's not happening any time soon. It's completely unneeded and would only waste battery life. Again, something the iPad might use well, but not the iPhone.
- indicator light. Not happening, though it would be convenient!
Last edited by Jellotime91; 08-27-2010 at 04:24 PM. iPhone 4 32GB
MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
iPad 2 16GB
- 08-27-2010, 07:46 PM #18iPhone Genius
- 5,246 Posts
- iOS Version
Last edited by Fausty82; 08-27-2010 at 08:49 PM. iPhone 5 (Black.32GB.AT&T) iPad Mini (Black.32GB.WiFi) iPad (3Gen.Black.64GB.AT&T) MacBook Pro (15" 2012.Retina Display.i7) iMac (21.5" 2011.i5) AppleTV (3Gen)
- 08-27-2010, 08:35 PM #19
I'd like 5ghz wireless N.
Slightly larger screen without increasing size of the phone.
LED indicator light.
Something equivalent to BBM, right in the OS, so you can see when a message has been delivered, and read.
Send print jobs and files over wifi - that is, give it more power to do what a full fledged pc can do.
I'd love to BCC a copy of my emails to an email adress of my choice.
There's more but that's all I could come up with for now.
- 08-27-2010, 11:47 PM #20
- 08-28-2010, 12:29 AM #21
- 08-28-2010, 12:41 AM #22
- 08-28-2010, 07:34 PM #23iPhone Elite
- 2,485 Posts
Where would you put the second speaker?
Notification LED would be useful but it looks cheap. Unless they can figure out a way to make it invisible unless it needs to be seen, like on the MacBooks.
Back button isn't needed imo.. do you really want one? I think it would make the phone look ugly and goes against Apple's whole design philosophy.
Flash.. Well that's a software thing that can happen on the current iPhone hardware. :P iPhone 4 32GB
MacBook Air 13.3" (May 2011)
iPad 2 16GB
- 08-29-2010, 12:57 AM #24
iPhone 5 - 32GB Black - Jailbroken
iPad Mini - 32GB Black
Apple TV 2nd Gen
MacBook Pro - 250GB Aluminum Unibody
- 08-29-2010, 03:05 AM #25iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
More or less iphone7
As iPhone product Cycle Sems to Be 2years and there's a new iPhone every year we should be talking about iPhone 7G around here. So what I am missing with iPhone 4 is
- exchangable battery
- stylus support (still a lot of people around learned writing by hand and ARE pretty fast doin so in opposite to what Steve said)
- OLED antiglare Display
- true hardware extensibility as for USB Sticks, CF-Cards, Complete Bluetooth profile implementation, maybe even official external Storage for videos and so on.
- USB 3.0 Interface for syncing iPhone (this is becoming faaaar to Slow now)
- Support for Stereo Headup Displays
- OFFICIAL standardized external Battery Interface for iPhone usage in The Field
- charging through standard Micro USB Interface
- Hires Front Cam
- Backward compatibility especially for elder Hardware as build in in Cars (e.g. BMW)
- haptical display at least for keyboard even more an haptical API for apps
- LTE or whatever comes next Support
- multicore Prozessor
- flawless antenna
- IR (Infrared) I/O
- Laser and/or nearfield radar for measuring distances e.g during car navigation, shooting
- true canbus interface for communication with car components
- Interface for coupling iPhone to external Sattelite Phone hardware
- better stereo microphoneS (two mics with a distances between them)
- support for external Ethernet Hardware
- louder speakers especially for Speech (Talking in car, Navigation and so)
- The following is NOT hardware but builtin "Features"
- True OS and Filesystem Access for experienced users (Unix Console)
- Patch System that does NOT need to replace The whole OS for every New OS-Version
-more standardized Interface for Dokument types As e.g. Tapping and Holding an pdf in any App. should make "View in iBooks" everywhere
- Support fot OGG Audio and Video
- loadable codecs from appstore
- C/C++-Compiler/Linker or small IDE giving us at least C/C++, Perl, bash Programming capabilities
Sorry seams this is getting to long for a forum discussion. Got 5 A4 Feature Request pages here, so copying you only the urgent stuff.
Last edited by emden09; 08-29-2010 at 03:09 AM.