New in this town

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys and gals - I'm new around here so bare with me a bit :)

I did the unthinkable yesterday and exposed my phone to water :( No not just a little droplet of water either like submerged sink water. I got it out as quickly as possible. Naturally powered it off , Dried it out where I could blew into the exposed parts to attempt to dry the water where I could. Waited a long time before I powered back up.

The visible signs for water exposure are all at the normal. White papers are all white and I see no Pink/red glows or lights or anything.

My question is this, the phone appears to be working fine, Response time is okay touch screen is okay. Is there anywhere internally I can look that it would have recorded it electronically?

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Ive read this thread already. As I said sensors are clear visibly but anything internally? Im not trying to fraud apple but if it didn't trip the white papers then Im assuming it didn't get it too wet. Maybe Im just lucky? I dunno? Im being over paranoid and ever little thing I see weird Im like uhoh.

dawggg63

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
Paranoid is good when it comes to water and your iPhone. If your phone got submerged, I'd still stick it in rice for a couple of days. It's much easier to prevent water damage than to repair it. I hope everything stays OK for you.

NVMY03ION

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Well I will say that water wasn't POURING out of it or anything weird.

I will say the only thing I've oticed thats puzzling with it is when I wake it up with the multifunction button, it takes like a quarter of a millisecond if its at a cold wake up. I tried to time it with my wife's 3GS and they are pretty close to timing, other than that I cant see any lag time.

Is there something I can look for on the phone itself like a hidden menu that would have Water sensory in it?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I would count my blessings and not look for trouble; next thing you know you'll be taking it apart to get a closer look at the internals! If you can live without it for a couple of days, the rice idea is a good one, or better yet, find a good supply of silica desiccant packs and use those.

Bill McNeal

Apr 23, 2009
Visit site
I would count my blessings and not look for trouble; next thing you know you'll be taking it apart to get a closer look at the internals! If you can live without it for a couple of days, the rice idea is a good one, or better yet, find a good supply of silica desiccant packs and use those.

I second that. My wife washed her 3g, it wasn't pretty, but we were able to bring it back to life using those little silica packets. We raided our local target's luggage and purse section to get like 30 or 40 of those little things and put the phone and the desiccant packets into a ziplock baggie for a few days. The only thing that didn't work after that was the wifi, but it was completely dead before that, so it was better than nothing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2