Time traveling iphone?

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I woke up to an iPhone with the wrong time and date today (24/08/2010) it stated 13 febuary 2008! unless I leave it at the wrong time it won't connect to the Internet or at least 80% of the time anyway and i get directed to this site.
d8773cac.jpg

and I get an error sayin please check time and date settings when tryin to update apps via app store, like this

aefc47c6.jpg

Ive updated the time and date manualy as unusualy theres no auto update time and date option, was there ever? or is it missing from my phone? what is going on???
Any help would be great.

(3GS on 3.1.3 jb with spirit)

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing that a hard reboot of the phone will auto-update the date and time, but that would be a pain to do on a normal occurrance.

Dawkins Bull-Terrier

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
is that where i hold both the power and the home button until the apple logo appears? the problem of not getting onto most websites is now happening with my home laptop on a different network!! whats going on, it seems its only forums and similer sites allowing me on my laptop and my iphone. this is so mental. please help

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
First, if it's happening to your laptop as well, it sounds like the two problems are independant of one another. Regarding the wrong time/date on the phone- yes, a reboot is when you hold the two buttons until the phone turns off. Wait a few seconds and then press the top sleep button for 1-2 seconds to turn it back on.

Regarding your internet issues, I'm guessing you have wireless internet. Try resetting your router and modem. If that doesn't work, check your firewall settings to see if they somehow got changed.

Earless Puppy

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Troubleshooting works like this

Step 1) Find the source of the problem
Step 2) do a clean install and see one process at a time which brings on the issue

I'm not knocking Jailbreaking, all I am saying is this is how you find the source... If the problem is still there after a clean install then it's your phone...

Or maybe upload your JailBreak process and all related Jailbreak apps ( yes certain apps do strange things ) and maybe yourself or someone else can use google and look for the issue...

Hope this is more help, now best wishes....