Application Data Backup

Gareto

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty new to Jailbreaking, but I've been using an iPhone since the 3G was released. Currently using an iPhone 4, version 4.0.1 jailbroken via jailbreakme.com.

My question is that the server I was syncing to lost its' OS drive, how do I back up my application data so I can start syncing with this new OS install? Currently my only option seems to be wiping out my phone and reinstalling all apps. I still have access to the files from my old install. Any advice?

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure what you're asking--can you clarify what you mean by "the server I was syncing to lost its' OS drive"? Do you have no iTunes backups, or did your Exchange server fail, or something else?

Gareto

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Yea sorry it sounds a bit complex. Let's simplify it a bit.

The computer I was syncing to lost its OS install, the data is intact but I can't use the windows installation so I reinstalled windows on a new drive.

I want to back up my application data (game saves, application settings, misc), but I cannot sync with this current installation of windows without first deleting the data off the phone. Does anyone know what files I need to copy off to save application data, or is there an application that semi-automates the process? (besides itunes obliviously, unless there is a way to trick itunes to believing this phone is already synced with this installation)

Gareto

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I really thought this would've been a more known issue. I don't exactly want to lose my application data but it's either that or never sync with itunes again. . . hmmmm

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Something seems weird, you're right. You can't do a backup if you install iTunes with your old account login?

Gareto

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I might have confused myself here. I can't check off any of the options to sync music, podcasts or apps without iTunes giving me a message that "this device is synced with another iTunes library, if you would like to sync you must erase everything on the device first (phrased differently)".

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUT, I can right click the iPhone and hit backup. Just not sure if it's actually backing up everything or just the things I'm currently syncing (contacts, calendar, bookmarks)?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner