Unable to back-up photos.

Listy

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is working, tethering and syncing property but does not show anywhere else besides iTunes, for example Windows Explorer. I need to back up the photos after some recent events.

Picture wizard says there is no camera there. I have tried uninstalling the device and re-install. I have removed and reinstalled iTunes and now have restore the phone twice. It does, show in device manager and iTunes but oesn't show in Windows Explorer.

If I plug the iPhone into another computer it doesn't show in that either. Had a client over last night and his iPhone showed up on both computers and it started the camera wizard, So I'm thinking it's somethings off in the phone.

I need the photos backed up.

Thanks

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Looks like your only option for now is to take the time and email all the photos to yourself. That will give you the backup you need. Then you can restore the iPhone as new and see if it still is not recognized by your computer before putting anything on it.

neutrinos

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I used to use my iPhone with a PC and it is a huge pain in the neck to export photos, especially if there are a ton of them on the phone. Your best bet is to connect it to a friend's mac, and then use the "Image Capture" tool to rip all of them off at once. (May take a while) burn them to DVD's or a thumb drive and move on with your life.

MarkCooz

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I'd get a mac... or borrow a friends mac, and simply backup using iPhoto.
Transfer all the photos you have there. and possibly use an external hdd to transfer from friends mac to your external hdd.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox