Notification Issue?

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So maybe I'm just ignorant to what everyone is ranting about ... But I've noticed in a lot of different threads how most people want a notification system override ... What does that mean? Like, what's the issue everyone has with notifications? I'm kinda lost on that one, and if I should be angry about our notification system I need to understand why, hahaha.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Some people don't like the "in your face" notifications. The pop ups, if dismissed, dismiss the entire notification. Some people want a less intrusive type of notification like Android with their notification pull down or Web OS.

jonmark

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Ah, I came over from BlackBerry (which I went to from iPhone) and I did like how BlackBerry's notifications was just a numbered icon without the pop up. I guess that's what we're talking about? Understandable. Cool beans.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Also if you get one from say AIM and don't see it and then get another or a text message you have no way to know about the AIM notification until you unlock the iPhone and see the badge on the icon. New notifications wipe out past ones totally and you can miss them.

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Also if you get one from say AIM and don't see it and then get another or a text message you have no way to know about the AIM notification until you unlock the iPhone and see the badge on the icon. New notifications wipe out past ones totally and you can miss them.

+1 to that! that is very annoying!!!

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
iPhone does have the count badge on icons BUT if you have a notification pop up when you are doing something and ignore it...there won't be a number count on the icon. Lame.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative