scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a problem when I sync my contacts with Outlook. I get duplicate entries within each contact - like it will duplicate the mobile/work/home numbers. Its super annoying. I went through and manually deleted all the entries on my iphone, as I tried to sync and all it did was just duplicate things. So I had this idea to go through and delete my contacts on Outlook and then sync. But I'm afraid if I do this, it will delete the contacts on my iPhone. Is this correct? If I sync, will it add the contacts from my iphone or will it just delete them, since outlook won't have any contacts?

dougef2

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue as well - not sure why. I know I had to do a lot of manual deleting and now all seems fine. Almost seem like you have to get the sync "in sync".

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Quick question, do you use outlook exusively for your contacts? Or are you using more than one source?

Turn the syncing of outlook contact off then turn it on again. It should ask you if you want to merge the data.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Be sure to let the phone remove the contact when you turn it off. This should work if the contacts that are on your outlook do not have the double numbers

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro