- 08-15-2010, 07:37 PM #51
One of the greatest things about the iLife (the lifestyle, not the app suite) is that it focuses a LOT around music. And whether you have a Touch, a Phone or just your Tunes, we all have a power song. That one track that really gets us through the day, wakes us up, or we simply forgot on repeat with the volume muted while we went on vacation. Take a screen grab of your number one most played song, and become a big winner in one of three catagories:
1. Most played (Hundreds? Thousands? How many times CAN you listen to Copa Cabana? I'm almost afraid to find out)
2. Longest song replayed (Try not to fix this part. There isn't a person alive who can listen to Tubular Bells more than 13 times before trying to murder a small animal/child)
3. Simply most unique song ( Does listening to John Cage's "4:33" over 4000 times count as "art" or "madness?")
This doesn't have to be a big prize contest, and I realize with the advent of programs like Pandora and Slacker that many may not listen to their traditional libraries as much anymore. But this can just be *fun*, and I like fun. Plus, I'd lose, so I'm interested to see who would win.
- 08-15-2010, 08:54 PM #52
I'm on a horrible internet connection, and didn't want to bother with trying to read the spammed entries, so my bad if someone already said any of these:
-Lifehacker is one of my favorite sites, because of all the tips and DIY projects they post, so I'd like to see something similar, based around iPhone/iPad of course, like any kind of uncommon usage tip. (i.e. best unpopular app (let's face it, if it's nor featured or in the top less than 200, it can easy to miss good apps), apps useful for something other than intended purposes, or best DIY iPhone project (i.e. I found one, probably on Lifehacker, detailing how to make an iPhone dock out of legos).
-Reader reviews, whether it be an accessory, app, or anything else. They shouldn't have to be extra long, but they'd have to be written well, and have to meet some sort of standard (more than "good app, does what it says"). With so many apps that advertise the same functions, and similar accessories, it can be hard to figure out which one is worth spending your money on.
-iPhone deal of the week. Post good deals, and whichever seems most popular (have people reply if they take advantage of the deal), or biggest discount wins. Unless of course you don't want to promote competition with your accessories store, then it could be more targeted toward app discounts maybe.
-Most creative TiPb promoting! Not just sharing it on Facebook or anything, but make a creative ad, slogan, picture, anything, and post it on bulletin boards, your college campus, whatever. More people the site has contributing to it, the better it can be. (Not that it's bad now =P but better never hurts).
-Most unfortunate iPhone accident (although I hope people don't get their iPhones damaged or broken often enough to make it into a weekly thing, haha).
-A simple "taken with my iPhone" photo contest.
Personally, I prefer the first 4, because besides being a winner, it's always great to be able to share ideas and finds with other people.
- 08-15-2010, 10:20 PM #53
- 08-15-2010, 10:42 PM #54
- 08-15-2010, 11:11 PM #55
- 08-15-2010, 11:24 PM #56
- 08-16-2010, 01:36 AM #57
Win a date with Georgia!
I'd like to see a "Win a date with Georgia" contest! (Sorry if this idea has already crashed and burned, or if Georgia isn't available...)
Oh, and maybe the contest itself could require contestants to write a haiku that all the TiPb staff think describes Georgia best.
Last edited by SockRolid; 08-16-2010 at 01:39 AM.
- 08-16-2010, 02:48 AM #58iPhone Nanite
- 1 Posts
You ve made one contest on how people use their iPad at work
So why not make something similar:
- How artist use their iPad or iPhone to enhance their creativity or to create something. This ideas come from one video I watched about on pianist in a classic concert who suddenly stood up and played on his iPad in front of hundred people
- others ideas, people are full of imagination, therefore I am sure there is a lot of guys who used their idevice in an original way or made something original with their device as for instance the iPhone bike dock or mare crazy, an iPad stuck in the wall... I don t know for sure what but people create funny stuff out there.
- the most crazy DIY stand or protection for idevice
That s all for the moment...
And again thanks for your podcast, they are "awesome"
- 08-16-2010, 07:58 AM #59
How about teaming up with an app developer, having them describe a new app they are developing and the contest will be to ask for people to design the icon for the app!! The winner will get their name in the app credits! All runner-ups will receive a code to redeem the app for free!
- 08-16-2010, 08:43 AM #60
When I Come to iPower
What would you do if you controlled the iUniverse?!?
We want to know what you would do if you were the boss. What great idea do you think should be included the next iPhone and how would it make our world a nicer place to play in?
1) Tell us the idea!
2) Write a little bit about how it can/would be used in everyday life
3) How did you come up with that?....... saying 'I just did' doesn't count!
4) Pitch your idea to Apple in a short paragraph. Tell them why it should be included in the next iPhone.
Uniqueness is the key on this one.... a new antenna or adding Flash player to iOS is old news and we want fresh!
And don't forget ...... Game Center and iAd's is just around the corner, how does that fit in to your plan?
We'll be picking one entry every week and just like iPhone at work we will prioritize based on how awesome, how funny, how tragic, how well written, how inspiring, how disappointing and how memorable your entry is and who knows, maybe Apple is watching!
Here's the idea. It's up to you, Boss!
- 08-16-2010, 09:11 AM #61
- 08-16-2010, 02:41 PM #62
How about the most realistic modification to an iDevice that will greatly improve the device? They can be any crazy ideas but must be kinda realistic,like no machine guns on the back of iphones etc :L
Or how about one for the best modification already done to iphone? like maybe the best colour iphone(must have actually replaced the back of iphone with different colour, photo evidence)
Or how about one for the best home/office setup of iDevices? just show what devices you have at home or at the office? (photo evidence)
Or how about the most badly damaged iDevice? take a picture of the damaged device and post it.
Or maybe one for the best springboard wallpaper?
- 08-16-2010, 02:44 PM #63
- 08-16-2010, 02:48 PM #64
- 08-16-2010, 03:13 PM #65
- 08-16-2010, 03:34 PM #66
Have a Georgia name 20-30 different items, they can be anything from local courthouse, postoffice, mom and pop resturaunt, fire hydrant, dog, fence etc. what ever she can think of. Each contenstant will have take a photo of each item with them holding the current days newspaper in the shot and submit it. The person with the most items and the coolest pictures wins.
- 08-16-2010, 06:37 PM #67
- 08-18-2010, 05:01 PM #68
- 08-18-2010, 10:34 PM #69iPhone Beginner
- 58 Posts
some odd things come to mind...
For those who have iphones:
1) oddest thing to get caught under your glass... I have pug fur under mine at the moment.
2) most beat up iPhone (3Gs and below)
3) The stupidest place that you've ever lost your phone.... Mine would be on top of a black microwave, the whole time it was in plane sight (just camouflaged).
For those who don't have iPhones/iPads:
1) rent a warehouse or just a place with a huge room. allow like 10 people to qualify for the contest. Stock the room with thousands of iPhone and iPad boxes of which only 5 will have the device (or a voucher/gift card) in them. The others will receive an iTunes gift card.
2) same idea as above but make the room really really dark and paint the boxes black. record the event with night vision cameras.
3) Make an iPhone replica out of something strange (rice crispies, old tires, pencil shavings, soap...) and take a picture of it and most realistic replica/oddest material wins. They would have to take pictures of the creation process.
4) write an ode to steve jobs and apple. It could be a sonnet, a haiku, free form poem... what ever just be creative!
- 08-20-2010, 09:01 AM #70
Who can get the best aerial view using their iPhone and some sort of flying device?
The idea is people have to attach their iPhone to a balloon, plane, or any other flying device and start recording video. Whoever gets the best footage wins the game!
- 08-20-2010, 12:42 PM #71
Since the i4 camera rocks why not have a contest of pictures? you pick a theme assign a deadline and let people submit their photos. You can decide if you would allow more than one submission, have it weekly or intermittently. You definately need a deadline and you'll need a number of judges so it's not biased. DM me I'll tell you how my friends and I run our DSLR bi-weekly photo competition to give you some ideas.
- 08-25-2010, 05:54 AM #72
- 05-05-2014, 11:25 AM #73
- 05-05-2014, 11:58 AM #74
- 06-26-2014, 08:14 PM #75