Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

Default How offen do you charge your iPhone 4?

Was wondering do you charge every day like the older iPhones? Or do you drain the battery all the way then charge it?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    942 Global Posts
    iOS Version

couple times a day.
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    643 Global Posts

once a day... its normally at about 70% when i leave work... then i get home and play games till about 30%... so it needs to be charged usually each night...
    Chrisvklein: App.net // Twitter // Google+
    iPhone 5 (Verizon - 64GB) / iPad 4th Gen (WiFi - 32GB) / iMac (i7- 3.4 GHz) / Macbook Air (i7- 2.0 GHz)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    3,523 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Airbrushkid View Post
    Was wondering do you charge every day like the older iPhones? Or do you drain the battery all the way then charge it?
    Every night at bed time just like my past iPhones. Although lots of times it still has ~50% (sometimes more) battery left. With my 3G it was either dead and had been charged a little in the day, almost dead, or around ~25% left.

Loving this battery so far, no more worrying and I haven't even had to use my car charger or extra cable at work yet during the day.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Beginner

I go for 2 days before I charge it. And at lease once a month I drain the battery all they till it shuts of then a full charge.

One of ya said couple times a day. Wow you use it that much? Do you have a job.
    iMore Guru

Every night
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I go for 2 days before I charge it. And at lease once a month I drain the battery all they till it shuts of then a full charge.

One of ya said couple times a day. Wow you use it that much? Do you have a job.

I thought it was a bad idea to drain the battery completely?
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    920 Global Posts

iPhone 4? Every night.

In contrast with the 3G, I was charging the 3G several times throughout the day. They staying power of the iPhone 4's battery is simply unreal.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    3,620 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    10B329

I have owned all 4 iphone models and charge them daily. Every now and then I would purposely drain it all the way just to cycle it. Like a previous poster said, sometimes I charge it at 39%, 55% and even 75%. I do use the i4 much more than previous models, so I know that previous models would've drained quicker compared to the i4. I'm estimating 2-3 hours at most.

It's not a big deal to charge it daily as long as you completely drain it at least once every month or so.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    701 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I do it every night, but I have to say that I generally always have 40 to 50% of the battery life left. Sometimes on the weekends if I know I am hanging close to the house I may skip charging it. I have gone 2 days on a slow weekend.

I totally love the battery life on the iPhone 4.
    iPhone Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by mmillward26 View Post
    I thought it was a bad idea to drain the battery completely?
    Actually, completely draining the battery once in a while (I do once a month) can help to stretch the life of your battery.
    32GB iPhone 4 Unlocked
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz i7/4GB/500GB 10.6.4
    iPhone Beginner

I charge it every night only because it won't last me two full days. I work nights and my music is playing for the full eight hours. I'm usually at fifty percent by the end of my shift but it won't last me until the end if the next shift.

I'm really impressed with the battery life.
    32GB iPhone 4 Unlocked
    MacBook Pro 15" 2.66 GHz i7/4GB/500GB 10.6.4
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

I am a former iPhone user. I have been trained by my old iPhones to charge every chance I get. I am only comfortable when my iPhone and iPad are at 100%. I am accustomed to taking a battery with me when I leave home.

That said, I find the battery life of iPhone4 to be dramatically better than earlier iPhones, satisfactory, almost comforting.
    Thanks for ending the exclusivity, Steve. it is about time.

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Every night, no matter the capacity on the battery.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killthelights32 View Post
    Actually, completely draining the battery once in a while (I do once a month) can help to stretch the life of your battery.
    Good to know... thanks for the input.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #16  
    iMore Beginner

Here's what I usually get for battery time by charging my way.

iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts

Here's what I usually get for battery time by charging my way.

It says it's been plugged in since last full charge -_-

I plug my phone in most nights when I go to bed. Just habit.
    Follow me on Twitter@omgabunny
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    42 Global Posts

I tend to charge mine whenever I am at my desk. So it is typically at full charge. Just habit though as my IP4 can easily make it through a full day. And I always charge it at night.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  
    iMore Beginner

Yes I plugged it in to get the app I just bought on itunes. And it wasn't more then a minute.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    iOS Version

2 days at most if I'm not on it much. 4 hours if I use the god awful Skype app. Typically at the end of the day I'm at 55%
    LCW
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    1,329 Global Posts
    iOS Version

with regular modest usage (ie. not too much video, or streaming, or web browsing), I can get a full day and just charge once a day (ie. overnight)... although I'm usually at 10-20% by then...

But if I surf the web for an extended amount of time, or listen to a bunch of podcasts (seem to drain more than pandora some reason), or even just play with it and have the screen on for any appreciable amount of time (say killing time somewhere) i have to do a late day charge before I leave the office (i have an apple dock/usb cable at work just for this reason).... Of course checking twitter and FB every 15 min isn't doing any good LOL... the screen will kill any battery...

But overall, battery life is pretty decent... i've noticed a recent downgrade from JB'ing, but did a few days of fully draining/fully charging (ie. reconditioning) and seems to be almost back to normal (pre-JB)... fairly satisfied... although wish I could go 2 full work days, so ie. about 40hrs (from 7am on day 1 to 11pm on day 2) on a charge, but that's not happening... was able to with the 9700 I used to have, but there's no way I'm going back to that painful experience... lol
    Last edited by LCW; 08-15-2010 at 11:06 AM.
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

I do not understand how people charge at night. I tried it and the cord got all tangled in the bed clothes, not to mention my pajamas and my hair.
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    2,167 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    I do not understand how people charge at night. I tried it and the cord got all tangled in the bed clothes, not to mention my pajamas and my hair.
    I honestly think when normal people charge it at night. They allow the device to be some distance away from them...maybe in another room God forbid. Mine charges in the Kitchen on the counter when Im sleep. I love my phone but there are periods of the day its not up my azz.
    at&t iPhone4

Global Posts
    4,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Just because it's charging overnight doesn't mean it has to be on my bed.
    Plus I don't wear pajamas. It's the full monty for me
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 6 Plus 128GB
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iPhone Guru

Global Posts
    4,466 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by forever29 View Post
    Just because it's charging overnight doesn't mean it has to be on my bed.
    Plus I don't wear pajamas. It's the full monty for me
    Mine does not have to charge at night but it has to be in my bed. I might wake in the middle of the night.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast