How offen do you charge your iPhone 4?

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
with regular modest usage (ie. not too much video, or streaming, or web browsing), I can get a full day and just charge once a day (ie. overnight)... although I'm usually at 10-20% by then...

But if I surf the web for an extended amount of time, or listen to a bunch of podcasts (seem to drain more than pandora some reason), or even just play with it and have the screen on for any appreciable amount of time (say killing time somewhere) i have to do a late day charge before I leave the office (i have an apple dock/usb cable at work just for this reason).... Of course checking twitter and FB every 15 min isn't doing any good LOL... the screen will kill any battery...

But overall, battery life is pretty decent... i've noticed a recent downgrade from JB'ing, but did a few days of fully draining/fully charging (ie. reconditioning) and seems to be almost back to normal (pre-JB)... fairly satisfied... although wish I could go 2 full work days, so ie. about 40hrs (from 7am on day 1 to 11pm on day 2) on a charge, but that's not happening... was able to with the 9700 I used to have, but there's no way I'm going back to that painful experience... lol ;)

Last edited:

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I do not understand how people charge at night. I tried it and the cord got all tangled in the bed clothes, not to mention my pajamas and my hair.

KStewart

Mar 19, 2006
Visit site
I do not understand how people charge at night. I tried it and the cord got all tangled in the bed clothes, not to mention my pajamas and my hair.

I honestly think when normal people charge it at night. They allow the device to be some distance away from them...maybe in another room God forbid. :D Mine charges in the Kitchen on the counter when Im sleep. I love my phone but there are periods of the day its not up my azz. :D

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Just because it's charging overnight doesn't mean it has to be on my bed.
Plus I don't wear pajamas. It's the full monty for me :p

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I'd say all the time. Definitely at night. On my one hour commutes in car, it sits in a dock charging as it streams & navigates away. At work, it sits in a dock if i'm in my office. Basically it stays close to a 100% all day unless i'm at a client. Probably hardly drops below 50% in daily usage. Living with smartphones for years basically trained me to charge whenever.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I'd say all the time. Definitely at night. On my one hour commutes in car, it sits in a dock charging as it streams & navigates away. At work, it sits in a dock if i'm in my office. Basically it stays close to a 100% all day unless i'm at a client. Probably hardly drops below 50% in daily usage. Living with smartphones for years basically trained me to charge whenever.

Same here. But the battery life on the 4 may retrain me.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
I honestly think when normal people charge it at night. They allow the device to be some distance away from them...maybe in another room God forbid. :D Mine charges in the Kitchen on the counter when Im sleep. I love my phone but there are periods of the day its not up my azz. :D
Thanks for recognizing that I am not "normal people.":D

I have been known to be in a different room than my iPad but never my iPhone.

BrindawithanI

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Just because it's charging overnight doesn't mean it has to be on my bed.
Plus I don't wear pajamas. It's the full monty for me :p

Thanks for recognizing that I am not "normal people.":D

I have been known to be in a different room than my iPad but never my iPhone.

Had I been drinking something when I read this thread, it would have surely sprayed out my nose! LOLOLOL! :D (NOW I know where all the funny people from CB went!)

And to get to the point....once a day.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
My battery is only about 50% at the end of the day, but I plug it in on my nightstand every night so it gets charged daily.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Had I been drinking something when I read this thread, it would have surely sprayed out my nose! LOLOLOL! :D (NOW I know where all the funny people from CB went!)

And to get to the point....once a day.
Most iPhone users are "normal;" statistically we define it.

That is more than can be said for Tipb contributors.:)

bjames2785

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I charge every other night and my battery rarely drops
Below 20% I came from a BB storm 2 battery life on
that thing was horrible

TampaDude

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Every night or every other night depending on usage. The iPhone 4 has really good battery life for a device that powerful. :cool:

zkyevolved

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
I tend to charge mine whenever I am at my desk. So it is typically at full charge. Just habit though as my IP4 can easily make it through a full day. And I always charge it at night.

Wow... Lol. I don't get fantastic life what-so-ever. I mean, it's good for the iphone! But I'm coming from a lot of blackberries (8100, 8300, 8800, 8900, 9000, 9500, 9520, and the 9700) and when I saw the 9800 and saw that it isn't improved at all, well, then BUH BYE Blackberry! Lol. Blackberry is really good at battery life though (with their compression and low-clocked processors), and push messaging. So I'm used to pushing out 1,000-1,500 emails, IMs and FBs tweets etc. So now I'm on the iphone 4. LOVE IT. LOVE EVERYTHING ABOUT IT, except the battery life. I've recharged twice today. I use this thing for ALL my messaging needs. I've had it for 2 days now, (3, cuz today is saturday already in Spain! 12:11 AM) and I run this thing into the ground. I've charged it TWICE today! :D 3G off, GPRS/EDGE for data, unless it's something taht I really need, then wifi. I mostly use apps, and not browsing. So EDGE is fine for me :).

I love the iphone 4.

To Sum it up: twice a day on gprs / edge /wifi. I can't image what it would be like on 3g :s.

RG13

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
every night if im using it a lot within the day and if im working the next day
but if im not working usually a day and a half

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2