iphone 4 for business

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I've been using iphone primarily for business and i'd b grateful if i could get some help.

My basic requirement is messaging - emails. And i travel overseas almost every week.

1. For data roaming i checked and the data plans are very expensive - close to USD 25.- per day. Is there any other way around this?

2. Iphone 3 i could store only 200 emails. Is iphone 4 the same as well? My requirement is very simple - only 1 pop3 email a/c.

3. with iphone 3 it took time for emails to download and be read - i would see the "round circle" for several seconds in many messages before they could be opened. Is iphone 4 the same?

Thanks a lot.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You would be a lot better switching to an IMAP email account. That would solve most of your issues.

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
i have a limitation on my online storage ... so i think it will be difficult to to get an imap account.

But as to roaming costs, does imap affect that as well? Sorry if the question sounds stupid. What i'm actually trying to say .. is it possible to control the download .. say 3 or 4kb per message and balance ONLY if needed?

Thank you.

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
i have a company domain ... and we use a local tech company to host it .. they charge us an annual fee. Sorry if any technical terms have been missed or misused..

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Actually ... i did try to do that ... but the space that gmail allots for email is - for my needs - quite limited.

but .. if i get gmail to host my domain, how does it help ... i mean :-
a Does it affect roaming costs in any way?
b Do emails load up faster.. ?

Thank you

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
basically the problem is ... i've tried to search .. but i'm unable to find any posts or sites that can show how to cut costs with emails WHEN ROAMING with an iphone.

For local data usage, there's absolutely not a problem.

I get close to 200 emails a day and it works out extremely expensive when travelling.

Hopefully i can get some help so that i can sort out this issue. Thank you.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Nothing will cut your costs as far as data - speed isn't even the issue, because the email takes up the same amount of data, and you're paying by size. You might want to consider multiple sims so that you can go local rather than roaming.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Have you thought of using wifi only to download emails at your hotel? Or some other place like a coffee shop? If your trying to save money you'll have to make some compromises.

hari.p

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thx for the replies.
1. Multiple sims - yes, i tried that for countries frequently visited.
2. Re wifi .. actually sometimes its not possible if you are in a country where wifi is not very common - countries like Bangladesh Vietnam etc ... its actually quite difficult to depend on wifi.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner