One full week with iPhone 4...

scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
And I love this phone. I have a hard time putting it down, and I'm addicted to downloading apps - much to the chagrin of my fiance. ;) I've dropped three calls - but I expect that will be better once I get my case.

The only thing I'm not crazy about is the battery life. I've lost 10% in an hour and all I have done is read and send a few messages in WhatsApp, checked my email, and the Facebook app. I drain the batter in less than 24 hours. Admittedly, I only get between 1 to 2 bars here at work, so maybe it's the low signal that's sucking on my battery? I don't know. It's not that big a deal - I can always just get into the habit of plugging it in at night, I just wish the battery life was better. I had been waiting for the Blackberry Torch to come out and I thought, well, if the Torch comes out before my 30 days are up and it's a really awesome phone, maybe I'll return my iPhone. But after the reveiws I've read - that's not going to happen. Even if the battery life is better on the Torch, I'm really pleased with how my phone works and all the awesome things I can do on it. Oh and I wish I could read .ics files when I get a meeting invite. I'm really hoping they fix that sometime in the near-ish future.

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Your battery will get better with a few weeks of charging. I was at 89% after 14 hours. Granted, I have my email set to push and I only got about ten emails and 20 texts in that time. Other than that I didn't touch it when I got home from work I play Knights Onrush (so addicting) and browsed the net, twitter and facebook for several hours and when I went to bed, my battery was at 60%.

The Torch looks nice but the screen isn't a high resolution, the internals are pretty much the same as the Bold 9700, so I will pass.

Moonbase0ne

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I too was waiting on the Torch but the final specs are very disappointing, IMO. I just don't understand why RIM would use tech for their flagship phone that is 1 or 2 years outdated already. Also, I'm not liking the App memory. The battery life is great I heard but I am more than happy with the battery life on iP4. And the fact that they are still using the screen resolution of there phones of 2 years ago was very suprising.

I'm also curious as to how much the phone will begin to slow down once you start adding alot of apps to it.

inthemix

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back to my berry. I love the iphone but the ATT network around me is awful.

Plus, to last the entire day I had to run data in edge, not 3G.

scarlettpumpkin

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm also curious as to how much the phone will begin to slow down once you start adding alot of apps to it.

I wonder about that as well. I don't think there is nearly enough space on that phone. I'd be looking for more after 6 months of having the thing.

I'll keep monitoring my battery life and see how it goes. My last resort is a restore, but hopefully battery life will only continue to get better.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back to my berry. I love the iphone but the ATT network around me is awful.

Plus, to last the entire day I had to run data in edge, not 3G.

Well it is best to make sure you have the coverage before you pick the phone, not the other way around.

I couldn't ever settle for a Berry again EVER!

kato10#IM

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had my iPhone for a week also and I love it as well. I've been a Blackberry user for 3 years and I wanted to give the iPhone a try because of my love for Apple products and new gadgets. I don't think I'll be going back to the Blackberry anytime soon.

I, too, had battery issues. BUT, I've found through other forum threads that if you charge your phone to 100% and then drain it down to 0% without a charge in between (charge cycle: do this a couple times) and the battery life improves substantially. They say you're supposed to do one of these charge cycles at least once a month. So, far I've seen a noticeable improvement.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Im 5 weeks in with mine, and find the battery life very comparable to my previous 9700, which as we all know was outstanding.

JustinSaneV2

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site

My iP4 is supposed to come in this week and I have 21.8 GB worth of apps ready to be synced over once it arrives. I'll be sure to let you know how it runs compared to my wife's. :D

jhamilton3

TiPb Fourm Staff
Feb 20, 2009
Visit site
9700 > i4 in my battery life experience. But, the 9700 didn't run the apps or have the browser of the i4, etc.. soooo i4 has the best battery life on any phone out there IMO.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I wonder about that as well. I don't think there is nearly enough space on that phone. I'd be looking for more after 6 months of having the thing.

I'll keep monitoring my battery life and see how it goes. My last resort is a restore, but hopefully battery life will only continue to get better.

Make sure that wifi and bluetooth is off when u arent using them too. Even when you arent on them they still run the battery down. Ive noticed differences i mine

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Im 5 weeks in with mine, and find the battery life very comparable to my previous 9700, which as we all know was outstanding.

Same here. The only reason my ip4 battery drains down fast though is because I cant put it down lol. But the iphone does have a lot of advantaged my bold didnt especially when it comes to apps and storage

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I have had no problems with battery life, I actually find it to be quite good on the iP4. I have always charged my phones at night, it's the easiest way to be sure that the charge lasts the entire day. With my last phone, a Samsung Delve (VERY bad touchscreen phone that did absolutely nothing!), I had to keep a charger at work because it would die around 4:00 if I didn't charge it after checking email at lunch. With the iPhone, I check my email constantly, check Twitter and Facebook apps, harvest my crops and accept gifts in Farmville, read forum posts, and take my turn in usually multiple ongoing Words With Friends games. Obviously I switch back and forth between apps a lot and I get great life with this thing. I love it!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2