iPhone 4, Facetime Waiting for Activation

spcm0012

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So, I'm sure a few of you have had this issue. My facetime option is always waiting for activation. This was one of the biggest features of the phone, it would be nice to try it out. Anyone know how to fix it? My carrier thing is updated to 7.2, so thats not it.

TyFresh

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset all network settings ... After it powers back up do a hard reboot then it should work...

spcm0012

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
still waiting for activation :(

I've tried a lot of the tips floating around the internet. Nothing yet. I dont want to have to return the phone as they are sold out pretty much across Canada, and being able to swap for another one would require a bit of a wait.

spcm0012

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Nothin'

Guess I should take it in to have someone take a look at it. Closest Apple store is 1hour away. Until september when they open one up at the mall here :)

spcm0012

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Update:

Tryed the 3 simple steps in the blog post. No good :(

When sliding Facetime on and off, some other text flashes up. Looks like a string of code, probably the object that facetime switch uses. VIDEO_CALLING_SW or something along those lines (flashes kinda fast). Maybe reinstalling the operating system would be a good idea, I have a feeling it might be a software issue.