Jailbreaking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spades1412

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The only "dbag" is the one asking the questions instead of doing some basic browsing. The info you are requesting is very new and all over this forum and others. I think it took me longer to type this than it would have taken you to find your answers. This info is still on the front tipb page.

touchyphone

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
didn't realize there were so many dbags on Tipb...thanks! :)

Thats what happens when you ask a question and the answer is right in front of your face, you get di**y treatment, 'dems da breaks kid! Next time use your eyes and answer your own easy question

iPresto

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If it was a basic question then it needed a basic answer, not a SA reply. Oh and don't get so "hostile" over a simple question "kid"...

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Glad you fired back. The response you got was uncalled for. Simply stating "do a search" would have been appropriate.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
If it was a basic question then it needed a basic answer, not a SA reply. Oh and don't get so "hostile" over a simple question "kid"...

If you cant open your eyes and read like an adult when it is all over the forums, then you call names and still dont go look, ya, you get treated like a kid.

If you still havent figured it out, paypal me ten bucks and i'll answer it.

You wanna be that lazy, someone should profit off of it

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
Glad you fired back. The response you got was uncalled for. Simply stating "do a search" would have been appropriate.

I agree. Ok so he posting about jailbreaking. Obviously he (or she sorry) didnt mean any harm. If you dont want this thread in the forum then dont make jerk comments about how they cant search and to do work. Just dont reply and move on. Us new users dont need that kind of greeting

iPresto

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
If you cant open your eyes and read like an adult when it is all over the forums, then you call names and still dont go look, ya, you get treated like a kid.

If you still havent figured it out, paypal me ten bucks and i'll answer it.

You wanna be that lazy, someone should profit off of it

I know Tipb is a forum where you can ask any question about an iPhone. That doesn't mean scan through every thread and post to see if it had already been answered. If that was the case then there wouldn't be half the threads there are. I did figure it out but not thanks to you.

And thanks to the ones who agree with me. The comments were very innapropriate.

KingofHeart4711

Apr 14, 2010
www.facebook.com
I know Tipb is a forum where you can ask any question about an iPhone. That doesn't mean scan through every thread and post to see if it had already been answered. If that was the case then there wouldn't be half the threads there are. I did figure it out but not thanks to you.

Cheers, they definitely seem very snobby

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site

There's a difference between someone saying "zomgz search you noobz" when the search results are months or years old, and a thread that is stickied to the TOP of a forum aimed specifically at the subject you were asking about.

While the reactions may have been a bit "overboard", I don't think taking 5 minutes to look over the forums briefly (especially one titled "iPhone Jailbreak and Unlock" when that's what you've come to find information about) is too much to ask either.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
i find it funny that whenever a question is asked that may be very easy to find via a search, the reaction from the forum users is not just a simple link to the thread or an answer, but is instead a flame.

If it is so easy to flame the person, wouldn't it be just as easy to post a link?

Are you worried that the thread will push down better ones? Eventually, a briefly answered post will drop to page 2 or 3 and beyond.

Just look at this thread. There are more posts blasting the guy and telling him what he should and shouldn't do, rather than simply answering the question/posting a link to the proper thread, and just letting it rest.

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
i find it funny that whenever a question is asked that may be very easy to find via a search, the reaction from the forum users is not just a simple link to the thread or an answer, but is instead a flame.

If it is so easy to flame the person, wouldn't it be just as easy to post a link?

Are you worried that the thread will push down better ones? Eventually, a briefly answered post will drop to page 2 or 3 and beyond.

Just look at this thread. There are more posts blasting the guy and telling him what he should and shouldn't do, rather than simply answering the question/posting a link to the proper thread, and just letting it rest.

He brought it on himself by doing two things.

1. Not reading the obvious threads about it, his question has been asked many times despite the sticky threads.

2. He got told to search and we are douches. Ya. Lets ask for help and call names. Better yet, lets ask for help on something very obvious and the forum is littered with threads about it, ignore those and make a new post asking for help and then call us douches.

We dont get paid here, and if someone is going to make zero effort even looking at the front page of threads, why should i put in the effort to link them the dozen threads about it.

So many before have gotten the link, the instructions in plain english and they come back and want someone to do it for them.

If you want something, you have to be at least a little willing to do some of the work. If not, you didnt want it that bad after all.

My 2 cents.

ladytonya

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for flaming on the obvious trolls, but this guy was just asking a question. The first time I found this forum, I had Googled "iPhone forums" or something like that. It sent me right to the iPhone Forums area of TiPb and not to the front page of the forum. The Jailbreaking and Unlocking sticky is not there, it's only on the very front page.

Now I have been using forums such as this pretty much since they've been in existence, so I know to search or get flamed especially on tech forums. Someone who is new to the forum culture doesn't know to do a search before asking a question. Posting a simple link would have been appropriate as a first response. Now, if you post a link to try to help someone and they come back still asking stupid questions in an inappropriate area, I'll be in front of the line of flamethrowers!

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
I'm all for flaming on the obvious trolls, but this guy was just asking a question. The first time I found this forum, I had Googled "iPhone forums" or something like that. It sent me right to the iPhone Forums area of TiPb and not to the front page of the forum. The Jailbreaking and Unlocking sticky is not there, it's only on the very front page.

Now I have been using forums such as this pretty much since they've been in existence, so I know to search or get flamed especially on tech forums. Someone who is new to the forum culture doesn't know to do a search before asking a question. Posting a simple link would have been appropriate as a first response. Now, if you post a link to try to help someone and they come back still asking stupid questions in an inappropriate area, I'll be in front of the line of flamethrowers!

He created this post on 8/03/10, 09:30 AM
The comex jb released thread was made on 07-31-2010, 03:53 PM, 4 days earlier.

Since the comex sticky, there have been multiple posts about this same thing

No excuses for not clicking and reading. I don't care how many excuses you make for the op, it doesn't take much to click and read.

Do you walk into a store and ask them, "Hey, that shirt marked $9.99, how much is it?"

Also, whats your excuse for him calling us douches?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2