Honda Civic and iPhone iOS4 integration

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So my wife has a 2009 Honda Civic and it has a USB cable in the middle console that she or I could hook up our iPod/iPhone to and have it integrate with the stereo, showing the artist, album, song, etc with no problems. It was sweet.

I updated to iOS 4.0.1 but my wife is still on iOS 4.0. I went to listen to some podcasts while in her car and the car stereo stared to flash "UNSUPPORTED VER" which I assume is version. I tried her's and it worked no problem.

Any ideas? Any one else having problems with their cars and integration after 4.0.1?

ghostface147

Oct 1, 2009
Visit site
Do you both have the same model phone? If so, 4.01 broke your compatibility and you'll either have to wait to see what Apple does or if Honda comes out with a fix. I don't think this a priority for Honda.

Vydar

Sep 18, 2009
Visit site
I have a 2010 civic and it has the same in the middle and I have not noticed a difference when I hook up my iPhone 4 to it, but I have only done it once and not really paid any attention. I will try again and let you know what mine does.

isuquinndog

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Yes, we both have identical 3GS phones.

There is a 25 page thread on the Apple forum about it. Some indicated that plugging it into the car and then doing a hard reboot fixes the problem. I'll try that tonight.