Yahoo email only pushes sometimes

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
GMail works fine for me. How are you pushing Hotmail? Yahoo push has been flaky since the original iPhone when Yahoo push was the only option.

Steve-O

Banned
Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
Never had a problem with my Yahoo or GMail (via Exchange) on my 3G....... but very hit & miss on my iP4. Get the bulk of my emails by manually checking.

Ludacrisvp

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Well that would explain why hotmail doesn't work. It worked fine on my blackberry I always received hotmail email the moment it arrived.

JNHohol

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I stopped relying on the iOS to push mail long ago and went with PushMail to rely on notifications. I would recommend a third party app because it's a lot more reliable and will provide you with a preview pop-up.

I tried all of the recommended ways to get mail to push via the iPhone's mail app including changing passwords to text only, deleting and re-setting up, I almost hired an exorcist. It was just to unreliable. I now have it set to fetch every hour but I know there's a new email instantly with PushMail's pop-up.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes I get it auto and sometimes I have to check manually. Anyone know a fix?

It's their servers. It happens all the time, Yahoo! emails are very popular, and so are iPhones. Not everyone knows how to setup push for gmail so they use a Yahoo! account on their iPhone, instead.

High volumes = congestion.. unfortuately.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro