iPhone 4 problem with Prius/Blu-Logic Bluetooth

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi, first post, and already need help :)

This is a bit of a "hail mary" but the PriusChat forum's been no help so....

I have a 2010 Prius II. One big difference between the II trim level and the III trim level is that the III has factory Bluetooth while the II has it installed at the dock. Blu-Logic seems to have an exclusive contract with Toyota to do this.

My iPhone 4 sometimes has problems with the Blu-Logic Bluetooth. Sometimes, I'll hear the ringtone through the speaker but when I pick up, the sound from the call is still from the phone. In other words, not through the car speaker.

My previous POS phone didn't have this problem with the Prius.

Here's some other weird stuff:

• The problem is much, much more common when receiving a call instead of placing a call.
  • The problem is much, much more common if I haven't placed a call since I've been in the car.
  • The problem goes away with a hard reboot for a couple of days.
  • I can also fix the problem by manually switching audio sources from iPhone to Speaker then to Blu-Logic but I can't fix it by switching audio sources straight from iPhone to Blu-Logic.

Somehow my gut tells me that this has to do with A2DP. My previous POS phone didn't have A2DP and I wonder if somehow the Blu-Logic is sensing the iPhone as an A2DP-compatible player first and a Phone second. But, as we all know, there doesn't seem to be a way to disable the A2DP on iPhone4.

I've deleted all the pairings from the phone. I've forgotten and re-enabled the Blu-Logic, and it makes no difference.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Libuff

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
in the event that no one else here can help... heres is their website: Blu Logic Handsfree Solutions:

im interested in the resolution tho, as i'm going to probably be taking advantage of the summer deals and get a prius II.

does it stream audio thru the blu-logic adapter?

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sadly, the Blu-Logoc site hasn't been any help. They just refer you to Toyota's support line. But, I can tell you that you can stream audio with both of the Bluetooth solutions for Prius.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro