Question for iP4 owners...

tlo07

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I know some people are having reception issues, and some people aren't. Does anyone have an iP4 in an "Edge" area with no issues? I use wi-fi for data so I'm just mainly concerned with being able to make a decent phone call. I was going to just pass on the iP4 this year because of the antenna kerfluffle and bought a Samsung Captivate instead. However, going from the 3gs to the Captivate hasn't been all rainbows and sunshine. I'm thinking I should trade it in-- if I can get my hands on an iP4 before the 30 day trial period is over!

jables

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
i honestly didnt have the issue till i updated. but still never dropped a call or had horrible call quality. people are taking the problem and just making it seem worse then it actually is. the phone is fine. especially if you stick a case, bumper or invisisheild on it. which i would recommend 1 of those options anyway.

iNitvizn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I have good 3G coverage at home, but I travel a lot for work. Most everywhere I go is still an edge location and vie had zero issues. I actually get overall better reception and can go through some areas that used to be "dead zones" without dropping calls now.

I say go for it. You may be pleasantly surprised. If not, you've still got 30 days to decide.

zhelf

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2009
Visit site
i havent had any real issues i live in monmouth county nj and travel all over nj service for ATT is very good here so i have had no issues. the only time people run into issues is in low service areas so if you have good ATT coverage go for it. but personally to me no phone is worth poor network coverage in your area.

but good luck i say get the phone you wont regret it!

AZMerf

Jul 4, 2008
Visit site
I leave mine on Edge most of the time even though I live in an area with good 3G coverage. It just seems to work better. When I know I am going to do a lot of web surf, etc. I switch back to 3G. Phone calls work way better on Edge.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
My folks place is EDGE around there and I have no problems with calls or anything plus I'm connected to wifi so it's kinda a non issue anyways but back to your question ... I have no problems on EDGE whatsoever

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
When I go visit family, I'm barely on Edge. No reception issues, just slowest connection ever. They don't have wifi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77