Canadian iPhone 4

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK so our iPhone 4 is supposed to arrive here next Friday July 30th. So what are you getting unlocked or not? Where you planning to get it? I'd love to meet some peeps from the forums so if you'll be around Eaton Center I'll be there. I'm not sure how early I plan to be there yet it depends on what order and shipping options are offered.

I'm getting an unlocked one, Eaton Center, not sure how early I plan to be there yet.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
I am getting it unlocked at the Apple Store in the Eaton Centre too, its like 4 block away from my place. This is in case i can not pre-order and get it deliver to my place which fear will be the case.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
^ Nine.

Anyway, I was shopping at Yorkdale yesterday and I popped in to Rogers to ask if they knew if they'd have the white models there on the 30th, and the girl said she doesn't see why not, but she also didn't know about the white delay at all. In any case, she actually checked my upgrade eligibility, and it turns out I am eligible for the new contract price, just like I was last year! And she said they are going to call me when they get 32GB white iPhone 4s in and keep one for me so I don't have to wait in line!

Left me feeling pretty optimistic. If they don't have the white ones yet, I will wait.

DataCentre

Jan 26, 2010
www.datacentredesigns.ca
All phones in Canada now have to be unlocked because of new legislation. I called Rogers about this wondering if I have to buy direct from Apple Canada to have an unlocked phone, and I was told that they have to sell all new phones unlocked because of this.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi alle miteinander!
Ich bin Markus und Ich hab' was ganz tolles fuer alle:

Bei Reisehummel de findet jeder den passenden Kurzurlaub

Ob Staedtereise oder Wellnessurlaub, sogar Reisebuchungen zu Silvesterveranstaltungen sind moeglich

Der Inhaber selbst sagt: "Die Qualitaet muss immer stimmen, auch bei guenstigen Angeboten"

Reisehummel de ist nur zu empfehlen Toller Service, tolle Preise, toller Urlaub

Kurzreisen Deutschland:

reisehummel de]Kurzurlaub

Ich m?chte diese Gelegenheit, um pers?nlich danke Ihnen f?r Spamming unserem Forum mit etwas v?llig irrelevant und nicht mit dem Gegenstand des Apple iPhone zu nehmen. Bitte, geh weg und nicht mehr von Ihren unerw?nschten Schei?e in unserem Forum zu bringen.

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
All phones in Canada now have to be unlocked because of new legislation. I called Rogers about this wondering if I have to buy direct from Apple Canada to have an unlocked phone, and I was told that they have to sell all new phones unlocked because of this.

Is this really truth?!! If it is, these are great news to me! That means I might just be able to get it from Rogers instead of the Apple store...

iphoneedmonton

Nov 27, 2008
Visit site
Don't think it's law yet, but it's Bill C-560. Rogers just said that the iPhone 4 will be unlocked because Apple Canada is selling them unlocked as well.

No - this is not correct. iPhones sold by the carriers will be locked to the carriers. The only way to get the iPhone unlocked is through Apple.
Bill C-560 is only in its first reading and far from law. If it were, all cell phones would be unlocked.
So if you want an unlocked iPhone 4 you either have to buy it at the Apple Store, or order it from the Apple online store (once it's available).

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I also heard about the Bill but didn't think it was law yet so I didn't mention it. So here's what I know from the Bill which is exciting when you buy your phone from the carrier it will still be locked for the term of your contract however once the contract is up you can ask the carrier to unlock the phone and they will have to do it for free. If you are buying a phone from the carrier for full price you can ask them to unlock it and they must do it and again for free :D I'm sorry if it's in the info linked but anyway it's out there. So anyone else going to Eaton Center?

Raul Lugo

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
If you are buying a phone from the carrier for full price you can ask them to unlock it and they must do it and again for free

That really the way it should be, i paid full price for the 3GS and it still is locked, that is just BS.
Another good thing about this new law, is that for people who buy the iPhone 4 for the full price from a carries will be able to get it unlocked later. In any way I think i will not risk it and to the Apple store. I don't want to end up with another $800 locked iPhone.

Last edited:

BuddhistGirafe

Jul 7, 2009
Visit site
Well, I will be going to the Fairview Mall, or Sherway Gardens. Have yet to decide. Unlocked allll the way. I could never bring myself to sign with Rogers for another 3 years. Imagine. pfft.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like you are going to be waiting till later this year, whatever that means!

Actually I've heard from several Rogers sources that they already have both white and black iPhone 4s in their stores, and that Apple is serving them to the second group of countries first, to make up for the initial delay. The white iPhones will come to the US later.

Pretty funny.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Actually I've heard from several Rogers sources that they already have both white and black iPhone 4s in their stores, and that Apple is serving them to the second group of countries first, to make up for the initial delay. The white iPhones will come to the US later.

Pretty funny.

Well I hope for your sake that information is legit. However, from I am reading in terms of them having some technical issues getting the white color right, that doesn't sound legit.

None the less with Apple you never know. Their announcement doesn't say the white phone won't be released in the US. Seems if that were the case, that is what the announcement would say.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Maybe the issue is not actually getting the color right. Maybe it is an issue of the type of paint not meeting some safety spec or its too toxic for America but other countries allow it? Ya know like a lead based paint or something?

Or maybe it's radio active! Canadians beware. I have heard the Canada is not Jobs' favorite place!

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox