Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Question Missing contacts, but there in Messages.app

Hi everyone

I'm having a weird problem with contacts on my 3G since I installed iOS4

1st I got a SMS from a number that wasn't on my contact list. Inside Messages.app, I went to the contact info screen and added a name to the contact.
    2nd I got a SMS which contained a number not on my contact list. I taped the blue arrow on the right and added a name to that number.

Problem is, I can't find either of these two contacts in the Contacts.app

I don't know if this is since the contacts.app was revamped in iOS4, because now I have two groups there: one which is sync with my mac, and other which is my google contacts exchange sync (which is disabled so the group is empty)

If I go to the Messages.app I can see the contacts there, in the respective threads where I created them, but I can't edit them or delete them...

Does anyone have a clue of what might be appening?
    Do I have any config wrong?

Thanks a lot!
    iPhone Intermediate

Global Posts
    399 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Are your sim card contacts loaded on the phone? Might try re-adding them through settings, and see if that helps.
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." - Aristotle

Follow me on Twitter: JonMarkCarmona
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Newbie

Hi Mark,

I got this sim card clean for the iphone, I didn't ever loaded it with any contact, I went straight with itunes contact sync

didn't work the import, so they weren't stuck there...

Thanks anyway