Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

Exclamation Help! I can't back up my iPhone!

Okay guys this has been bothering me for some time now. Ever since I installed iTunes 9 I could never see the option to back up my iPhone 3GS (and now my 4). I'm on Windows 7 (x86) and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no dice. Could there be a valid explanation (or solution) for this? If any of you guys could help with any info, I would greatly appreciate it, thanks!

iMore Guru

The way I understand it, when you sync it backs up the phone automagically. I do not recall ever seeing a backup button. I use a Mac so it could be different on a PC.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

On my Windows 7 (32 bit) pc, I still have both the Back Up and Restore from Backup options when I right click on the device name. Here's a screenshot of mine (while a sync is going on, those options are greyed out, but after sync they are available).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Help! I can't back up my iPhone!-itunesbackup.png  
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    On my Windows 7 (32 bit) pc, I still have both the Back Up and Restore from Backup options when I right click on the device name. Here's a screenshot of mine (while a sync is going on, those options are greyed out, but after sync they are available).
    Yep, mine is the same way.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iPhone Newbie

Thanks for the replies... so the backup option should be there as it is on yours. This just boggles my mind...
    iMore Guru

after reading this post I did the MAC equivalent to a right click and the IPhone in ITunes and discovered that I too have the "back up" option. I do love these forums!
    iPhone Newbie

I'm also on Win7 and using the most updated version of iTunes and have the back up option. Does your phone make a back up when syncing?