inaccurate GPS

saintofsteel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
My iPhone is saying I'm several miles away from where I am exactly. I live in North Bergen, New Jersey but my phone is saying I'm in the middle of Manhattan. I have been checking both indoors and outdoors. Sometimes it will be to the address I'm in front of exactly, and others I'm Miles away. I'm not even in the circle around the Pin.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
My iPhone is saying I'm several miles away from where I am exactly. I live in North Bergen, New Jersey but my phone is saying I'm in the middle of Manhattan. I have been checking both indoors and outdoors. Sometimes it will be to the address I'm in front of exactly, and others I'm Miles away. I'm not even in the circle around the Pin.

Anyone else have this problem? Is there a fix?

Fix Steps -
1. Reset your iPhone
2. Restore your iPhone
3. Restore your iPhone as new
4. Call Apple, GPS unit may be defective.

Is it saying it has a GPS lock and not just wifi/cell tower range?

saintofsteel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Right now I'm using Maps, Momento and Where, but I'm looking into getting a turn by turn navigation. I don't want to spend money on a navigation App and not have it work.

saintofsteel

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Just to keep everyone informed. When I'm outside maps lately has been working better. I downloaded a turn-by-turn app and it's been pretty accurate. At one point I was driving down a main road and it said I was in the middle of nowhere, but after a reset it found where I was. Whenever I'm inside however it's never anywhere near where I am (which defeats the purpose of Find my iPhone). But whatever, it's working enough to get me where I'm going.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73