iPhone 4 Disappearimg Apps!

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I pull my i4 out of my pokect while running errands and I see my screen has no apps on it. So I think maybe I moved an app on a new page in my pokect but no all the apps I have are off my phone. Only the native app are there. The gb space is the same so they are there somewhere, when I get home I see the other section has grown inplace of my apps. What is the best way to fix this? Has anyone else seen this problem?

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
First try to do a hard reset.

Sync your phone and see what happens. They may just reappear.

This recently happened to my friend on his 3G. He actually had to
add them back on though.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did. Then I went in and clicked on an app to and and it did not have any of its save info. Can i restore form a backup to get my save info back?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I do but I synced one app to see if it would come back and my back up changed. So it had just one app on it. I just found an older one from my 3gs and im gonna have to deal with the old saves.

JF7FSU

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
I had an issue where I had icons disappearing too. I went into settings -> restrictions, enabled restrictions and then disabled it and they all came back. I can't remember who told me or where I read it but it worked for me.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I do but I synced one app to see if it would come back and my back up changed. So it had just one app on it. I just found an older one from my 3gs and im gonna have to deal with the old saves.

If you have a list of them, you can go through the process of repurchasing them... you won't actually be charged IF you use the same iTunes account that you used to purchase them initially... and iTunes will give you an opportunity to download them again. It's a pain, but it works and the price is right...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
well the apps are on my pc so all i had to do was check them again and resync. from my old backup it left like 20 unsynced so its not that bad just lost some progress on angry birds. So to be clear the apps were not showing on my phone but i had them all on my pc I have them all back now i just hope it wont happen again, next time it might not be my day off and im stuck with no apps all day

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
naw i restored as new the reloaded all my stuff. it got rid of the 3.5g of "other" i had and it seems alittle faster. im still putting all my settings right and adding paswords and stuff that part is no fun.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
This madness just happened to me again! I tried the restriction thing but they didnot come back so I'm going to restore from back up right now.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
That's really a pain if your out and need your stuff. You might consider taking it into apple. This might need a replacement.

stkywik

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That's really a pain if your out and need your stuff. You might consider taking it into apple. This might need a replacement.

I agree. The best advice comes from the final post in the linked thread. Just take/send it to Apple and get a new one. If they will replace phones for having dust under the screen (they did for me) they will replace phones that have bad RAM and delete all apps seemingly randomly.

acedcool

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
It?s easy to check the security of your own iTunes account. Just click on your account name on the right hand side of iTunes? menu bar. After entering your password, click on the View Account button. You?ll be taken to the Apple Account Information page where you?re able to view your purchase history.

From there, you can make sure that all your app purchases are ones that you?ve made (though Apple makes this somewhat difficult by mixing in free app updates amid purchased apps). If you spot an app you didn?t buy among your recent purchases, click the Report a Problem button.

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Im going to do a clean reinstall then call apple tomorrow, since they changed the sim size i can even just throw my sim into my old phone lol thanks apple. (time lapse) Crap i restored to an older backup and the other file stayed and my apps just started to add on top of that. So I stopped it from loading all the 5g of apps the told it to erase all content. Left it over night cause it was late and woke to an apple logo. Had to go to work with no phone it was awesome. Now im just going to reinstall as new yet AGAIN. My iphone must have bad ram. This only happened to me twice but I hear others doing it twice a week. If I hear of any fix I will post it here. Thanks for your input guys.

I got it to load up after being stuck I credit this link Fix iTunes 1004, 1015 Error, and Restore iPhone 4, 3GS Successfully on iOS 4.0.1 [How to Guide] | Redmond Pie

Last edited:

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
this isnt the first time that I have seen someone complain about this happening if it keeps happening I would go into a genius bar and have them replace your phone