Why is everyone still talking about iPhone 4 antenna?!

Does this really need discussed anymore?

• Let's move on....

Votes: 23 79.3%
  • We need to keep beating the dead horse....

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • I could care less....

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
If Apple's figures are correct and I'm sure they are, why are we still talking about a problem that has only "seriously" affected 0.55% of users. Percentage-wise, that number is so negligible. It's been demonstrated that the death-grip when in mid to low signal areas will affect other phones and carriers. I tried gripping my 3GS like that an get signal degradation but very rarely drop calls. Media and blog sites have blown this stupidly out of proportion!

Who's with me in thinking that we need to move on to other popular topics instead of mulling over this issue or "non-issue?"

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple has said what they are going to do. What is the point on just continuing down this path?

I say it is time to move on. We now know the deal, if you can't handle having a case or bumper or learn to hold the phone differently, then bring it back. However, I just don't see tons of people doing that, though it maybe more than Apple reported. None the less.... MOVE ON!

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
0.55% of 3 million is 16,500 users who are suffering from this. The voice of the dissatisfied will always be larger than that of the satisfied, and Apple's 0.55% affected users is larger then the entire sales of other devices...

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Thanks. But oh I kinda screwed up, 0.55% is only the users who called in. The vocal users who were affected by this issue. That means 16k who are actually complaining about this, and are extremely likely to take their complaints to the Internet. Nevermind those other users affected who would rather bypass apple altogether and simply whine on the internet right away.

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
I know 0.55% of 3 million is still a lot of people dissatified. I was just ranting. You can't go anywhere online anymore and not see a headline about iPhone 4 antenna issues. I laughed at speculation of a recall a few days ago. It'd be logistically impossible. They'd still be working on recalled iPhone 4s when iPhone 5 is due out. Free bumpers/cases and full refunds are really all Apple could do. I must admit I did kinda feel bad about Steve Jobs at the press conference. (Yeah, I know. Poor millionaire, Steve.) He was visibly pi$$ed off and stressed out.

OKCChuck

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
It happens. However, how many people are getting dropped calls and didn't bother calling in for various reasons. Such as, they thought an update was coming to fix it. They might have assumed enough people were complaining. Various reasons. Who knows. That's why we're still talking about it

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
Good thing they got a few days left to return the phone.

I had been against simply saying "return it." But the more i think about it, anyone who can't get past such a simple issue (that only really applies in weak areas) probably needs to. Especially if they can't see what they got in an iphone 4.

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
It happens. However, how many people are getting dropped calls and didn't bother calling in for various reasons. Such as, they thought an update was coming to fix it. They might have assumed enough people were complaining. Various reasons. Who knows. That's why we're still talking about it

I am one of these people who didn't know about apple care or the apple complaint department. I thought "Hold Different" was the final answer, and I would either wait for fix or take it back for a replacement in 30 days. I have a hard time re creating the antenna problem but I do have the proximity issue.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
If Apple's figures are correct and I'm sure they are, why are we still talking about a problem that has only "seriously" affected 0.55% of users.

Those numbers have nothing to do with anything except Apple trying to minimize the issue. What else could they do?

HTC tried to counter that it got even less, .16% of similar complaints about the Eris. But who calls HTC anyways? At least if you call AT&T, they redirect you to apple support. Which is to say, many would call the carrier.

Just meaningless numbers though..

The real impact would be returns as of 7/24. Or other things that can't be measured such as people who were going to upgrade or switch to the what seemed to be the perfect smartphone but didn't because of the blown up issue. I'd say mission accomplished for the competitors.

Duvi

Jun 17, 2008
Visit site
This thread does kind of add to those speaking
about it as well. Just sayin'

It never effected me, so I never really cared
what Apple did/does or will do.

And I do agree, people need to move on. It's
over and done with.

scottdoc718

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Just meaningless numbers though..

I agree. When I first saw Steve refer to these numbers, I thought what a joke. The problem affects me, but I never called in because I knew it would do nothing. If you get an lot of info from places like this forum, calling in to complain is pointless in a lot of cases. The percent returned number is interesting, but most people were probably hesitant, waiting for a software update or a free case or similar...

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
it's "I COULDN'T care less".... why do people never get this right...

to anyone that says "I could care less"... my reply is, then why don't you....

slalomskie

Jan 29, 2009
Visit site
it's "I COULDN'T care less".... why do people never get this right...

to anyone that says "I could care less"... my reply is, then why don't you....

Maybe they are just too lazy to care less. That is why the could care less but just don't want to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner