Comparing your coverage to AT&T maps

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

I wonder if anyone else has tried comparing their real-world coverage to AT&T's online maps of coverage? After updating to 4.0.1 I notice I rarely have 3G at home, but the AT&T site shows my home address as having the "Best" coverage. But mostly I'm looking at 2-3 bars of EDGE and a lot of "Searching..." after many years of a solid connection.

FWIW I actually love the phone...I probably do less calling than anything else so it hasn't been a huge issue; it just bugs me.

solius

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
Im still at 4 to 5 bars at home. Same with work except for one spot where I completely lose signal. So I would have to say that the coverage map for my area is pretty much right on.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I have done a bit of bar checking. I am of course finding that the bars are less in most places and there are very few places where I actually have 5 full bars of signal. Home, I now have between 3 and 4 were as before the iOS4.01 update I always generally had 5 bars. Most areas though I am finding I have between 2 and 3 bars. Inside at some places it will go down to 1 bar and back up to two or 3. I am really not worried about it as long as I can talk, text, email etc. I have not really found that I am on Edge now instead of 3G though.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro