OCD Home Button Question

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
So I've had my iPhone 4 since it came out and one thing I noticed is that the home button is slightly recessed. Not much, but enough so that every time I press it, I feel the edge of the glass screen, and sometimes I'm unable to press it at all on the first try. Now the button itself is fine. A little wobbly, but the pressing action isn't really the problem for me, it's the fact that it's recessed.

So my question is, is this normal for the iPhone 4 and will Apple let me trade it in for a different one? Also, I ordered from AT&T, do I need to exchange it through them?

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
maybe this seems silly but is it suppose to be flush? hahaha I havent thought about it since I got the phone and mine is recessed alot that I feel like if I swipe my home button fast enough the glass will cut me hahaha...is that not normal?

rootbeersoup

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
maybe this seems silly but is it suppose to be flush? hahaha I havent thought about it since I got the phone and mine is recessed alot that I feel like if I swipe my home button fast enough the glass will cut me hahaha...is that not normal?

Well that's what I'm wondering... I've owned iPod touches before and they were all completely flush with the rest of the glass. But the iPhone 4 might be different?

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 4's home button is slightly recessed compared to my sons iPhone 3GS, our 3G and a first gen iPod Touch, which all seem pretty flush. It is a very slight recess, but it is there.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
hrm good question but I dont think ima be turning this ip4 in to get another one seeing how i have the shsh blob saved for this phone and such...the recessed button doesnt bother me much if I got a jailbroken phone :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh