Antenna Performance Page

MrCippy

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
This really gives you an appreciation for what testing and money they have put into this, and all their products for that matter. They didnt need to go out and spend 100mil on this stuff, but they did.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
to be perfectly honest all I wanted was for them to admit the problem and not beat around the bush I believe they finally admitted the problem by giving away free cases thats all I wanted

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
But the media did not hype up these other phones. The sad thing is, is that people take the media's words as If they were fact. That is a scary practice indeed. Can anyone say easily controlled???? Don't be sheep people a d be very very skeptical of anything in the news !!!!!!!!

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
That's just it. I'm not saying the media hyped it up. All they did was report on it. That's all they have to do to send the general public into a tizzy. Do you know how many people came up to me at work today and said stuff like, "Sorry you're having so many problems out of your new phone." Other than the proximity sensor issue, I'm doing just fine.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
That's just it. I'm not saying the media hyped it up. All they did was report on it. That's all they have to do to send the general public into a tizzy.

Could not have said it better! I've never felt the media hyped this story up, I think they were just reporting the information as they got it.

I too have been asked is your antenna not working right? Are you returning it?

We don't mind when Apple's products get very hyped and/or discussed in the media, but I guess when there is an issue they are suppose to turn a blind eye according to some.

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
Not at all. And by hyped up. This story was picked up by all the major networks. Ya know, the ones that people count on to deliver pertinent news. And was reported on over and over. It's not like everyone owns an iPhone. Or even half of the population owns one. How is this news worthy of soooo much airtime? But the real issue is, people treat news stories as gospel. "it must be true, I saw it on the news". That is where there is real cause for concern.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
So they all picked it up. I didn't see the story run over and over by the main media outlets and I watch a good bit of news programming. Bloggers and Geek Mags yes, they ran with it. If information was updated that was reported, but it wasn't like they were just repeating it over and over for the sake of doing so.

Again did you have a problem with all the news outlets picking up and reporting all about the new iPhone as most of them did and some of them reported on it several times because of the lines and because of the new design. Didn't seem to mind that coverage, just not this coverage. Also were the reports lying that we should be so concerned that folks believed it?

Last edited:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
If I were to say that media could be totally trusted you would come back with...don't trust the media. So this, once again has turned into something other than the topic. I am done and have no rebuttal. You win. Your right. No reply is necessary.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
If I were to say that media could be totally trusted you would come back with...don't trust the media. So this, once again has turned into something other than the topic. I am done and have no rebuttal. You win. Your right. No reply is necessary.

Come on it isn't about winning or arguing, we just view this differently. Why do you always have to get so pissy. GEEZ! So, we disagree, I made my point and you made yours. I never understand folks like you. You come on a forum to have discussion and then when someone tries to engage with you, you get all huffy. Don't worry I won't reply to anymore of your post, cause clearly you just want folks to reply to you that will agree with you.

I think we are on topic, the topic is about the antenna issue and the fact that Apple felt it needed to show that the iPhone 4 isn't the only phone that does this. I seems many in the media are picking that up and isn't that why Apple called a press conference?

I appreciate Jellotime bringing up the topic I felt it was a good one!

Last edited:

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
to be perfectly honest all I wanted was for them to admit the problem and not beat around the bush I believe they finally admitted the problem by giving away free cases thats all I wanted

Jobs didn't admit anything... and he was clearly pissed that he even had to do what little he did... lots of spinning and chest pounding and FUD, then begrudgingly offering free bumpers to all iPhone4 cases...

Don't thank Jobs for the free cases, thank the media that wouldn't let this die. I would not want to cross Jobs for the next few days... :cool:

chobbs1

Mar 8, 2008
Visit site
While I will gladly enjoy a free case, I do not believe that it was something that Apple was required to do. I was quite happy to buy a case because I use the case to protect my phone. But hey if apple wants to give me one for free? I'll take it. Should I thank the media? No. I don't really care if I get a free one or not.

pkang

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
so clearly all the different videos were shot in differently places...would have liked to see all the phones in the same place so you know that the location has the same signal strength throughout all the demos and can clearly judge..just saying cause the signal strength might not be the exact same for all those different locations.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73